MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Lampdog Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:05 pm
No mpc will ever have all that.
By Ultros Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:42 am
*pinches eyebrows and hisses* the new xl will probably be sporting the same hw found in the key 61. can't imagine there would be much different past that and some weird minor addition or subtraction we didnt know we wanted or didnt want until people start bickering about that extra button! ITS GOT THE BUTTON thats atleast $1000 in extra value right there!
By bitermc Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:09 pm
oh, c'mon people... I know sarcasm is hard to detect on Internet posts, but this wasn't even subtle :lol:

Up to six ssd in Raid configurations

Fully designed by roger linn
By TT_Lab Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:20 pm
lol...you are right...but at the same time I read people asking things for this platform that I don't know anymore...
By NearTao Mon Nov 14, 2022 1:58 pm
The interesting component of the new pay for instrument/effects ecosystem...

For those who have purchased plugins and effects for their MPC/Force, would you still consider getting a Key 61 or if they were bundled with an MPC XL, would it make you have a second thought about upgrading? I'm not sure most people would want to effectively "pay twice" for the plugins, but I doubt that Akai is going to want to create a second hand resale market for the instruments and effects either.
By kaydigi Mon Nov 14, 2022 5:21 pm
Ultros wrote:
Lampdog wrote:Keys61 has me memorizing the qlink banks and I’m accidentally moving parameters that I shouldn’t. If I had started out on Live this would be easier.

lol two years and i still make the wrong selection all the time. it doesnt help that the qlink selection shifts around on its own as you flip through screens. It didnt used to but since 2.10 has been that way which eneded up making me pay more attention to the qlink selection light. :(

I wish they would go back and patch the older legacy screens so the qlinks auto switch.

On pages like sample edit desperately need auto switching qlinks.
By Monotremata Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:00 pm
kaydigi wrote:
I wish they would go back and patch the older legacy screens so the qlinks auto switch.

On pages like sample edit desperately need auto switching qlinks.

The annoying one for me is when you're in Grid Edit and it moves the Qlink to the 4th page. I always grab the bottom QLink to Zoom and end up changing the length of the sequence every damn time instead. Ultros nailed it, that changed around 2.10. It never went straight to the last page before and in almost every page I had the first QLink page highlighted and my Zoom right there. The only ones that didnt really do that was the sample edit page, I always had to make sure I was on the right page to Zoom so I didnt start messing with my slice points haha.
By 40Beatz Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:14 pm
bitermc wrote:

Fully designed by roger linn

Fully Designed By JJOS
By Lampdog Mon Nov 14, 2022 8:51 pm
Yeah that wont happen either.

Gotta be more realistic.
By bitermc Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:32 pm
JJ and Roger Linn could team and make a new device announced by Carl Cox.
By MGoolas Mon Nov 14, 2022 9:59 pm
Lmao I'm just sh*tposting. I have read some insane mpc wishlists (like people asking for full serum and omnisphere support).

Just give me macro Qlinks, a better step sequencer, and a high quality reverb and I will be happy as I have yet to max out the cpu /memory
By Lampdog Tue Nov 15, 2022 2:55 am
It’s one of the major things that spoil me on MPC X.
Sets q-links to automatically change inline with current screen.
By Neodymium Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:24 am
Something simple I'd like is being able to take screenshots. Really helpful for problem solving and sharing info.

Tubedigga has access to to a screen sharing app, but I'm not sure why it's not openly available.
By Elijah Tue Nov 15, 2022 4:45 am
MGoolas wrote:Just give me macro Qlinks, a better step sequencer, and a high quality reverb

+1