MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Lampdog Sat Nov 12, 2022 9:45 pm
high198 wrote:Can you block people on this forum?….

The friend/foe feature.

But, if the blocked person is quoted by someone else you end up seeing that because the post is started by an unblocked user.
By ntalec Sun Nov 13, 2022 12:21 am
Two things to consider:
a) did by any chance was this driven by Akai plugins needing a change in authorization because Akai was working on/testing the AIR VST versions
b) a proprietary plugin for a computer less standalone MPC should not require re-authorization

If Akai was concerned with piracy they could have taken a lesson from JJ and locked them to the machine ID

As for the people talking about easy access to internet and such, that has nothing to do with a paid plugin product that is neither subscription nor cloud based on a standalone device needing reauthorization.
These are supposed to be standalone units which means they work without the need for the internet or computer except for updates and new features once they are authorized.

Sadly enough a real response from Akai support would put an end to all the assumptions instead this just furthers the problem of Akai support having bad communication.
I have more than 2 years of unanswered support tickets. :Sigh:
By bitermc Mon Nov 14, 2022 12:03 pm
4 days ago, I wrote:I'm making a simple test: my MPC One is always offline. I've set the date to 2032 and rebooted a couple times.

For the moment, it's not asking me to reactivate the plugins. So it seems plausible that the trigger for reactivation could be the offline firmware upgrade (which makes sense).

I'll keep the future date for a few days more, just to be sure.

Still on 2032, still offline, and still haven't had to reactivate or login again, which I must say is a good sign.
By Ultros Fri Nov 18, 2022 10:53 pm
bitermc wrote:
4 days ago, I wrote:I'm making a simple test: my MPC One is always offline. I've set the date to 2032 and rebooted a couple times.

For the moment, it's not asking me to reactivate the plugins. So it seems plausible that the trigger for reactivation could be the offline firmware upgrade (which makes sense).

I'll keep the future date for a few days more, just to be sure.

Still on 2032, still offline, and still haven't had to reactivate or login again, which I must say is a good sign.

Upgrading does indeed clear the cetificates. There is a way to make sure they are not deleted via ssh..

chattr +i /media/az01-internal/softwareunlock/*

To make the files writable / deletable again later

chattr -i /media/az01-internal/softwareunlock/*

the plugins have a certificate that is signed for a certain window of operation. like a website a cookie can be set to become invalid over a set duration.

As i mentioned last night i cracked all the plugins but someone here didnt want people here to see it and deleted it.
By Ultros Sat Nov 19, 2022 2:10 am
Sigh I need to remember the forum rules and values. I shouldn't talk about that stuff.. thats why it got deleted. Wont ever be public anyways.
By sparky Sat Nov 19, 2022 8:55 pm
ntalec wrote:Sadly enough a real response from Akai support would put an end to all the assumptions instead this just furthers the problem of Akai support having bad communication.
I have more than 2 years of unanswered support tickets. :Sigh:

I hear you… support has finally engaged with me on this issue but the process is tortuously slow… an email response every three to four days (if that) and mostly asking me a question I’ve already answered in an earlier email… but hopefully somewhere along the line this will be sorted. I think I had the Mini-D and Flavour Pro to play with for all of two days before I was locked out of them!
By sparky Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:43 am
That’s the error message I’ve been getting every day since the start of this thread… deeply frustrating now.
By bitermc Mon Nov 21, 2022 11:55 am
sparky wrote:That’s the error message I’ve been getting every day since the start of this thread… deeply frustrating now.

Definitely not buying more plugins.
By Neodymium Mon Nov 21, 2022 5:17 pm
This is the message I got when I tried to activate for the first time. I rebooted, reset my internet, went for beer. The next morning I went to try again and all my plug ins said they were activated, all I did was turn on the MPC One.
By bitermc Mon Nov 21, 2022 7:12 pm
I have reseted preferences as well, rebooted, gone for beer, opened a support ticket... I'm more or less confident it will fix by itself at some point, but definitely not interested in this kind of shit anymore.

Sad to say, but this brand is not reliable for playing live or doing anything serious with it.
By kja Tue Nov 22, 2022 3:33 am
I mean... You did purposefully try to confuse it with changing the dates like some time traveler or something.. but sure what that would prove. Mine is still working with no internet for weeks so far.
By bitermc Tue Nov 22, 2022 9:19 am
Well, more than proving a point, I wanted to test how solid the plugin activation system is. And I wanted to test it before buying anything else.

Sadly, I found is not reliable. Customers depend 100% on InMusic's good will and future server availability. So, at some point, all plugins will stop working when they need a reactivation and there's no server at the other end.

Also, if you have a problem with the activation -as several users are facing- you are on your own with an automated customer system that doesn't actually respond.

I also ended up **** my own paid plugins on the process :lol: at least I have done so before buying more stuff and before engaging in serious projects with them.

In conclusion: The current line of MPCs are nice toys, but toys in the end. They are not the professional products AKAI sold when they were a company of their own. The software is always unfinished and their antipiracy system punishes legit customers.
By bitermc Wed Nov 23, 2022 2:26 pm
LOLOLOLOL... I FIXED IT!!!! :mrgreen:

I installed Ultros's Hakai and opened an SSH session. From there I started browsing the files and folders. Found this file

/media/az01-internal/softwareunlock/SESSION

made a copy just in case, deleted it and rebooted the MPC.

It asked me to login again. Did and tried activating the plugins and... Voilà! Activation works again.