MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By sparky Sat Nov 05, 2022 10:24 pm
Hi all

Bought the Mini-D and Flavour Pro from the MPC Store last month when they popped up. Activated licenses, both worked perfectly, worked with them for a week.

Been away a week, came back, switched on, and the licenses have been deactivated: ‘Could not activate license from the server; you can purchase the plugins etc etc’.

WTF? Anyone had this happen? Any suggestions?
By Lampdog Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:38 am
I’ve had no problems on X and Keys61 so far.
I purchased both Mini D and Flavor Pro the first day they were out.
By HanHuman Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:07 am
They had server issues some time ago, probably need to re login and reactivate plugins. Has to do that not too long ago.
By Neodymium Sun Nov 06, 2022 10:07 am
I couldn't activate mine last night, I had a number of issues, not being able to open the page you can QR scan into your phone, not being able to connect the MPC to the server, and finally, my MPC said I needed to register my plug ins that were already registered. So I went out for beer.

Opened the MPC this morning, went to activate, and they had done it automatically.

Having to do this on Ethernet cables was a pain, as it left my desktop without internet to then google for solutions and check my account. My laptop got locked out of InMusic. Sometimes servers have protection from Vietnamese IP addresses, so I never know if that's an issue.
By kday Sun Nov 06, 2022 12:15 pm
Mine had deactivated or revoked from double email addresses on Akai servers. If you made any changes to your hardware, email addresses, deactivated and reactivated on another computer or anything not exact from the original activation email, login, computer, etc will affect activation. If you have two email accounts or old email with Akai all that will affect activation. You just have to go to the website and do a chat in customer service and they reset you login in minutes.
By bitermc Sun Nov 06, 2022 1:38 pm
I had to reactivate mine a few days ago, the plugins just stopped working.

It's keeping me from buying new plugins. What if this happens just before a live performance? What if plugins already purchased just stop working and cannot be reactivated?

Call me paranoid, but when I buy stuff I like to have control of it...
By Masi Sun Nov 06, 2022 2:36 pm
bitermc wrote:I had to reactivate mine a few days ago, the plugins just stopped working.

Happened also to me. And it was reall confusing at first because when the project loaded the MPC complained about missing plugin files.

Such stuff should a) never happen and b) at least not require an Internet connection to fix.

It's really a bummer if software you purchased stops working because a licensing server has been shut down.
By bitermc Sun Nov 06, 2022 3:25 pm
At least, at the very least, it should warn you with time enough. Something like "you need to reactivate your plugins within the next 15 days". Shutting them down without prior notice is totally unprofessional and inconsiderate to your customers. You can be about to do a live performance, or in the middle of a recording session with other musicians during paid studio time, or working with a close deadline... And you're supposed to stop what you're doing and go plug your device to a wired network?

There's so much I love about my MPC, but this is a serious downer. Something is wrong in this business model.
By Neodymium Sun Nov 06, 2022 4:03 pm
I'm wondering if this is on MPC Lives and not MPC Ones. If they are conncting to the servers through the wifi and kicking out an error. And if so, would not having it connected to the Wifi act as way of preventing this.
By Lampdog Sun Nov 06, 2022 5:41 pm
Just turned on X.
Loaded project that uses several plugins.
Project failed to load OpX, Mini D and Fabric XL
Checked plugins, several were deactivated.
Went to WIFI and turned it on, connected,
Went back to plugins, the affected plugins went from trial to activate.
Hit activate on all of them. They activated.
Reloaded the same project, all is good now.
All of this was maybe 15-20 secs of work.
By bitermc Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:52 pm
Yes, it's easier with Wi-Fi. The one only haves wired network, which is less available.

Still, my point is it should never shutdown plugins without prior notice. It's unprofessional.

My other point would be: what guarantee do we have they'll keep the validation servers up and running in the future? Let's say 2032... At some point the current line of MPCs will be discontinued, which is ok, except that the plugins can become unusable.

Maybe I'm too paranoid, but I don't like depending that much on the good will of a provider. Not for a product I've already paid for.
By Lampdog Sun Nov 06, 2022 6:59 pm
Forgot about no wifi on One. My bad. Yes, it shouldn’t hinge on external validation when you pay for it. Should be able to run perfectly fine forever “standalone”Super valid point.

Let me also add, One users should take into account what they are buying into.
By sparky Sun Nov 06, 2022 7:02 pm
Lampdog wrote:Just turned on X.
Loaded project that uses several plugins.
Project failed to load OpX, Mini D and Fabric XL
Checked plugins, several were deactivated.
Went to WIFI and turned it on, connected,
Went back to plugins, the affected plugins went from trial to activate.
Hit activate on all of them. They activated.
Reloaded the same project, all is good now.
All of this was maybe 15-20 secs of work.

You were lucky then... Despite repeated attempts, and logging out and back in, no joy.