MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Korzo Wed Nov 23, 2022 3:19 pm
bitermc wrote:LOLOLOLOL... I FIXED IT!!!! :mrgreen:

I installed Ultros's Hakai and opened an SSH session. From there I started browsing the files and folders. Found this file

/media/az01-internal/softwareunlock/SESSION

made a copy just in case, deleted it and rebooted the MPC.

It asked me to login again. Did and tried activating the plugins and... Voilà! Activation works again.

Nice, this file get updated every time or day you turn on the mpc with internet connection
By kja Wed Dec 07, 2022 3:38 am
Just wanted to update, it had been almost a month with no internet connection, plug ins still working perfectly.
By Masi Mon Dec 26, 2022 9:20 pm
kja wrote:Just wanted to update, it had been almost a month with no internet connection, plug ins still working perfectly.

Just noticed that my licenses have been lost.

Owning an MPC One without WLAN I need to carry the MPC One and fiddle the PSU stored under the desk and carry everything to the next room with a power extension cable and an ethernet cable (where the heck have I one lying around?) to the router in a different room and set up everything. With fingers crossed I'll have to hope that a seimple "refresh" will do.

That's all bullshit. I never had such issues with VSTs. If there is one area where bugs are completely inacceptable it's product activation.
By bitermc Thu Dec 29, 2022 10:05 am
Well, I just updated to 2.11.7 using a USB stick and -to my surprise- it didn't ask for reactivation. My MPC has been offline for about a month.

Maybe this new firmware handles licensing better than the previous one (or maybe it'll crash tomorrow and I'll have to eat my own words)... let's see.
By housemouse Sun Jan 01, 2023 7:57 am
Same issue with a brand new mpc live II I just purchased after trying to deactivate and transfer my plugins from an mpc one. I won't even waste my time trying to deal with support tickets for weeks or any of that nonsense since I'm still within my refund period. At this price I shouldn't have to deal with that kind of crap just to use something I already paid a $1300 for, not even including the plugins I wasted money buying. This kind of experience that multiple people are going through and getting limited support assistance for lets me know I'm better off cutting my losses and finding some different equipment to spend my money on.
By housemouse Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:16 am
housemouse wrote:Same issue with a brand new mpc live II I just purchased after trying to deactivate and transfer my plugins from an mpc one. I won't even waste my time trying to deal with support tickets for weeks or any of that nonsense since I'm still within my refund period. At this price I shouldn't have to deal with that kind of crap just to use something I already paid a $1300 for, not even including the plugins I wasted money buying. This kind of experience that multiple people are going through and getting limited support assistance for lets me know I'm better off cutting my losses and finding some different equipment to spend my money on.

So I did put in a ticket and I'm able to activate the plugins now. I think I'm gonna hold on to it. It is pretty nice.
By Lampdog Mon Jan 02, 2023 4:05 pm
kaydigi wrote:Previously had 2.11.6 where I had purchased Fabric Xl and OP FM plug in

When I updated to 2.11.7 last night on the MPC Live and Software I had to reactivate OP and Fabric again. The other plugs I had way before didn’t need reactivating.

This was my experience also. Painless.
By sparky Sat Jan 07, 2023 8:37 pm
Might as well chip in and update that my situation remains the same. Regular contact from AKAI is nice and a refund has been offered but the issue hasn’t been resolved and I’m still locked out of three plugins.

YMMV in 3… 2… 1…
By sparky Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:03 pm
Well, this was finally resolved today with the help of the software team: I changed the time zone in preferences to UTC. Licences instantly recognised. Hopefully this will help others still having this problem. Gotta say on this one tech support was consistently in contact, genuinely supportive, and came up with the goods. Hope this helps others
By Nutrisse Sat Mar 18, 2023 3:19 am
Thought I would chime in: I purchased the plugin suite during the black friday mishap, and since then I've had to reactivate several times because I don't keep my MPC Live connected to the Internet. Super annoying, and definitely not a vote of confidence, so I eventually updated to 2.11.7 and it eventually stopped asking me to reactivate...

...until today. Before a show. At a venue. Without Internet. I had to go across the street just to get Wi-Fi. :lol:

Thanks Akai. Real champions you are.

I'm now seeing there's an update for 2.11.8. Never got an email. A+
By turnipwagon Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:36 am
I just had this problem on the MPC One. I had to connect via ethernet and it was pretty simple to rectify. But yes, if about to play live and turn the MPC on only to find that a wifi connection is needed to fix the issue would be terrible.
I'm wondering how this happened today...??? How can a standalone plugin on the MPC One be set to deactivated when it is not online? What can cause it to go from active to deactive? I can only imagine that the problem hit me as I took out my SD card where the synths are stored and downloaded some samples to it. So, was the SD card read by AKAI and the plugin then deactivated?

Cheers all!
By turnipwagon Sun Mar 26, 2023 9:46 am
Nutrisse wrote:Thought I would chime in: I purchased the plugin suite during the black friday mishap, and since then I've had to reactivate several times because I don't keep my MPC Live connected to the Internet. Super annoying, and definitely not a vote of confidence, so I eventually updated to 2.11.7 and it eventually stopped asking me to reactivate...

...until today. Before a show. At a venue. Without Internet. I had to go across the street just to get Wi-Fi. :lol:

Thanks Akai. Real champions you are.

I'm now seeing there's an update for 2.11.8. Never got an email. A+

What a nightmare!! Hope the gig went well :)
This has just happened to me as I mention below. Hope it doesn't happen again. I also got the screen popup about 2.11.8 being available but haven't upgraded as the MPC software is still 2.11.7. Akai advise to keep the versions the same then release a standalone update only... I'll wait until 2.11.9 or whatever
By Blups Sun Mar 26, 2023 7:37 pm
It happened to me today, just one week after I've puchased opx4. It's the second time it happens. The first time was about one week after I purchased Strings. Very strange.