MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By akachewy Sun Nov 06, 2022 11:58 am
Hi All

I was looking to replace my browse jog wheel. Do I just need to remove the front panel to access? Anyone know if there are any pics of MPC X disassembly? Cheers
By 40Beatz Mon Nov 07, 2022 2:35 pm
Nahh you gotta take the X Fully apart from the Bottom to get that Jog Wheel off. I did it a couple of times. Lot of Ribbon cables on the Bottom/Back Panel...so take ya time and be gentle
By mrmarbury Mon Nov 07, 2022 8:17 pm
akachewy wrote:Hi All

I was looking to replace my browse jog wheel. Do I just need to remove the front panel to access? Anyone know if there are any pics of MPC X disassembly? Cheers

If you've done it, would you mind sharing the replacement part (type and numbers) which you have used for replacement? I find it awfully hard to source the correct replacement parts her in Germany and it took me hours to even find a suitable XLR combo jack replacement a while ago by comparing PCB charts :Sigh:
By EnochLight Tue Nov 08, 2022 2:36 pm
Doesn't the plastic jog wheel just pull off, like on all the other MPC's and Force??? :hmmm: Or are you guys talking about the actual potentiometer?
By 40Beatz Tue Nov 08, 2022 3:16 pm
Nope I believe there's a Bracket holding it in
By akachewy Tue Nov 29, 2022 1:46 pm
mrmarbury wrote:
akachewy wrote:Hi All

If you've done it, would you mind sharing the replacement part (type and numbers) which you have used for replacement? I find it awfully hard to source the correct replacement parts her in Germany and it took me hours to even find a suitable XLR combo jack replacement a while ago by comparing PCB charts :Sigh:

Just bought a replacement pot and dial from mpcstuff. Waiting for it to arrive.