MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Aeon Sun Nov 20, 2022 5:24 am
Help!
My internal hard drive is almost full. Just 120kb free space from the 3.8GB
I have no projects saved in there and can't find anything to delete. What can I do to reduce the amount of data stored in there...?
What I can delete and what I shouldn't?
Is there anything I can move to the SD card?
I seem to have a lot of stuff in the "expansion" folder...
Can I move that lot to the SD card?

If so.... How to do?
By MPC-Tutor Sun Nov 20, 2022 8:53 am
You shouldn't save your own projects to the internal drive, always save them to your sd card and leave the internal drive for the factory content.

To move your projects, load one into memory and 'save as' to your sd card. Repeat for all projects. Then delete those projects from the internal drive. Never delete any factory content as it can make the mpc unstable
By EnochLight Sun Nov 20, 2022 4:08 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:You shouldn't save your own projects to the internal drive, always save them to your sd card and leave the internal drive for the factory content.

Aeon wrote:I have no projects saved in there

Hmmm... they've certainly installed something on there, as that storage doesn't fill up on its own.

That said, I don't think you can install Expansions on the factory storage - it's not even exposed in Computer Mode. @Aeon - what have you been installing and saving onto the Factory Storage? Samples? Are you sure you didn't save some Projects there? If so, definitely follow Tutor's guide above before deleting them. But do *NOT* delete any factory Expansions or folder structure from your Factory storage, as it's been known to cause stability issues down the line. You need to determine WHAT you've saved on it first, and go from there.
By 40Beatz Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:35 pm
they have to check for the Hidden Project Files
By Aeon Sat Nov 26, 2022 12:22 am
How to check for "hidden files"?

Also... What to do if you do delete the factory content off that drive?

Is there any way to get it back?
By Lampdog Sat Nov 26, 2022 10:19 am
I saw that every time it was posted. I wish people could search more AND put 2 + 2 together, info in those links could be valuable.