MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By fmq75 Wed Nov 23, 2022 9:06 am
MPC50 code works on air music website (but not akai website!)Thats 50€ for fabric or 30€ for Mini.Now we are talking.

I wish i did wait with flavor pro but it‘s great,no regrets
By MPC-Tutor Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:26 am
For those wondering about the buying process, make sure you enter the email address associated with your inmusic account. If you do that you should see the products appear in your inmusic account immediately after purchase.

I've mentioned this before, but this is a really odd-ball and insecure way of going about it. At no point are you asked to actually log into your inmusic account to ensure your purchase is getting properly associated with your account. They don't even specifically state that it has to be your 'inmusic' account email, it just says 'Enter your email' and no password option.

After purchase it seems that they are running a webhook to see if the entered email is associated with an inmusic account. If it is, they auto-assign your purchase to your account, despite you not having actually validated that you are the account owner. Obviously there's no illicit benefit from entiering someone else's email and giving them your plugins, but still, really weird way to do things. And if you enter the wrong email address or spelling mistake etc, I guess it's.... tech support hell for you. Making you log in would do away with any uncertainty.

BTW, they also do not give you any serials at the end of the purchase process, nor do they email them, so if you do mess up you can't even manually activate the products. I don't think they even warn you that an existing inmusic account is required for activation - not sure what happens if you create the inmusic account later, I get it's back to tech support?
By THXjay Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:33 am
The system InMusic use doesn't exactly inspire confidence but I couldn't resist the current discounts. Also grabbed a bag full of Tutors instrument expansions today (thanks for the discount) so I'm done for now :)
By SirAdrianFish Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:45 am
SirAdrianFish wrote:
Korzo wrote:This is a good price:

How come you get the MPC AIR Instrument Collection for 99,50 € and not 199,00 €?

Ah, OK, Code MPC50...
By Straker Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:35 pm
Honestly, I tried to purchase the Key bundle offer months ago and it was a horror movie.
I paid with credit card, I didn't recieve any transaction recipe nor serials not even an email from anyone but the payment was registered, I could see it from my bank account.
I contacted Akai, they answered a week after, they said it was not their business (!) because transaction are proceeded by a third party company so I had to contact this third party company. This one only has automatic tickets that require a password but I couldn't have any password because they never sent me anything.
So I could not contact them.
So I just said f**k off to all of them, I called my bank to have the money back, my bank said no possible because the transaction have been already proceeded.
So I said I was going to withdraw ALL my money from the bank and at the end I had my money back.
But all that took a month.
I almost lost my money and had no key bundle.
So now I would love to get the Opx4 but I am scared as hell to make any online purchase from Akai.
By THXjay Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:51 pm
I purchased the plugins from the Air Music site and received an email with all the purchase and download info. Logged into my In Music account and all the purchases were there in my downloads with serial numbers and everything.

All pretty smooth and painless :)
By Straker Wed Nov 23, 2022 12:57 pm
THXjay wrote:I purchased the plugins from the Air Music site and received an email with all the purchase and download info. Logged into my In Music account and all the purchases were there in my downloads with serial numbers and everything.

All pretty smooth and painless :)

Lucky man.