MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By fmq75 Thu Nov 24, 2022 7:55 am
Hi,

i have a somehwat unusual question i guess. i can get a lot of expansions for a good price but they only come with a windows installer and not unpacked, But i`m a mac user though i have an unused PC as well but i don`t want to install the MPC software there only for unpacking expansions.

Can i install the expansions into the Beats software and move them to mac? Or even better,to MPC One directly (into the"expansions" folder on SD card)?
By EnochLight Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:56 pm
fmq75 wrote:Hi,

i have a somehwat unusual question i guess. i can get a lot of expansions for a good price but they only come with a windows installer and not unpacked, But i`m a mac user though i have an unused PC as well but i don`t want to install the MPC software there only for unpacking expansions.

Can i install the expansions into the Beats software and move them to mac? Or even better,to MPC One directly (into the"expansions" folder on SD card)?

For starters, if all they come with is a Windows installer, I'd be suspect. Why isn't there a Mac installer? :hmmm:

Anyway, if all you can get access to is a Windows installer, then your only choice is going to be to use that PC of yours to get them installed. And yeah, MPC Beats comes with the Expansion Manager and allows you to export any installed Expansions to any drive letter, so you'd have to network your Mac's destination drive (where you install your Expansions) to your PC - which is a whole other party funtime.

https://support.apple.com/guide/mac-hel ... %20sharing.

Or just export them on your PC to the user-removable SD Card for your MPC One.