MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Vagrantmusicuk Sat Nov 26, 2022 7:47 pm
I'm not expecting to bear any fruit from this post but I wondered if there is any work around using the outputs to be able to listen to things through the headphones without them outputting to the main output or the Monitor Speaker at all?

Had my MPC Live 2 for 6 weeks and I've consumed so much information and tutorials this thing truly is a technological marvel for someone who last used Cubase and Spectrasonics VST's with Vengeance Sound Packs in 2012.

I'm in love with making Music again :nod:
By Calcaire Sun Nov 27, 2022 1:31 pm
You have 8 submixes per project.

Sub mix 1 can be your headphone submix , output it to out 1 and 2 . route any pads or programs to it and they will output in headphones .

Output to your mixing desk or recorder or PA system using physical outputs 3_4 or 5_6

Route any other submix to these alternate outputs, route any pads or programs to these and you're OK.

Problem is : fx sends /returns will output on main 1-2 so in headphones only , except if your route returns to other physical outputs going back to physical inputs and in a audio track containing your reverb and other return fx ... Free to be routed to your "PA" outputs