MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By droctii Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:25 am
Hi again, I searched the forum, but I didn't find an answer. Maybe you can help.

Scenario: I converted a sample to a drum program with pad parameters and set it to One Shot. When I turn on warp, it cuts off the end of samples (maybe I should say pads): they play like short stabs. I changed the samples to Note On, and enabled warp and the same thing. I have changed the BPM and stretch when I turn on warp, but nothing changes.

When warp works: The samples play properly when I disable warp. Warp also works when I create a new drum program using non-destructive slices from the same sample.

Any ideas about what may be happening?
By droctii Sun Dec 11, 2022 10:40 pm
So, here's what I discovered:

To use Warp or even Global tuning properly when you use Pad Parameters, go to Program Edit. Then select ALL the pads or the pad(s) you want to warp or changing the tuning on. Then turn on Warp, and manually enter the BPM of the sample. By default I think the MPC sets the BPM to 120 BPM. So if your sample is 96 BPM, adjust the tempo to 96 BPM.

Now you can change the tempo and tuning of the samples and they will stay locked to the tempo of your sequence.
By Monotremata Mon Dec 12, 2022 5:48 pm
The MPC can't detect the perfect tempo every time. It has no idea how many beats your sample is, so it uses a default of 1 bar or 2 (can't remember) to make its initial calculation. Unless your samples are already tagged properly, you need to go in and manually set the tempos of them otherwise Pad Perform is working, but with the wrong numbers.