MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Aeon Tue Nov 29, 2022 3:40 pm
Hi

I wanted to know what would happen if you accidentally deleted the factory content and the demo projects off of the internal memory?

I did whilst trying to free up space.
Now when I start up it's fast but goes straight to a new empty project.
I don't have the initial demo, template, empty project page anymore.

This I can live with but....
I've heard that deleting the factory content can maybe lead to issues down the line... Is this true?
And if so how can I reinstall the original firmware with factory content on.

I have tried a hard factory reset but that does nothing, does not even roll back the current update. I'm on 2.11.6.

I have emailed Akai, or rather created a support ticket 6 days ago now but no answer.

Any advice is appreciated

Aeon
By Lampdog Tue Nov 29, 2022 6:32 pm
Aeon wrote:I did whilst trying to free up space.

"Space" is supposed to be your USB stick, USB hdd/ssd, sd card.
The internal drive is not for your storage. It has a structure that should NOT be messed with.
Leave it alone, ignore it, pretend it's not there and use other media for storage.
By Monotremata Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:52 pm
bitermc wrote:You can download it from your account page at https://profile.inmusicbrands.com/custo ... strations/

Those are firmware updates, they're about 10GB short of having anything to do with the internal factory content.

As been posted on this forum for the 3-4 years I've been on here, do NOT EVER touch the internal drives contents. We've been warning people about it for years now.

You need to contact Akai and get the factory restoration image directly from them. They may make you send the unit in for it. For a while they weren't handing out the images as people were sharing them left and right online when they weren't supposed to be. Akai does monitor this forum (despite not having anything to do with it) and I wouldn't doubt they saw the links when they were posted here two years or so ago as well, which is when they stopped sending them to people.
By EnochLight Tue Nov 29, 2022 9:23 pm
Aeon wrote:Hi
I wanted to know what would happen if you accidentally deleted the factory content and the demo projects off of the internal memory?

Uh oh - that's a problem. Deleting the factory content and demo projects have been known to alter the very fabric of space-time, cause irreparable damage to the NYC transit authority, and entice HBO to re-boot "Sex in the City" but with a cast of retired Clydesdale horses from old 80's Budweiser commercials. I'm afraid you're screwed.
By Monotremata Wed Nov 30, 2022 12:45 am
EnochLight wrote: and entice HBO to re-boot "Sex in the City" but with a cast of retired Clydesdale horses from old 80's Budweiser commercials. I'm afraid you're screwed.

So basically its just starring 4 Sarah Jessica Parkers now??
By Tappinaway Wed Nov 30, 2022 4:33 am
Monotremata wrote:As been posted on this forum for the 3-4 years I've been on here, do NOT EVER touch the internal drives contents. We've been warning people about it for years now.

Idk, I deleted the demo screen from internal years ago, and it's been fine so far. I believe you that it *could* disrupt something in the future, but up to 2.11.6 it's been fine. I dont understand why its accessable in the first place if its so precious to the MPCs performance. Just my 2 cents.
By MPC-Tutor Wed Nov 30, 2022 7:51 am
I agree, it's about time they did something to restrict access to those areas, if the delete function was disabled in those locations, problem solved.

But if you deleted the content years ago with no problem, then it sounds like your MPC is fine.

Tappinaway wrote:Idk, I deleted the demo screen from internal years ago, and it's been fine so far. I believe you that it *could* disrupt something in the future, but up to 2.11.6 it's been fine. I dont understand why its accessable in the first place if its so precious to the MPCs performance. Just my 2 cents.
By Lampdog Wed Nov 30, 2022 1:35 pm
Monotremata wrote:
EnochLight wrote: and entice HBO to re-boot "Sex in the City" but with a cast of retired Clydesdale horses from old 80's Budweiser commercials. I'm afraid you're screwed.

Her face came to mind as SOON as I read this.
You thought it too.

:lol:
By EnochLight Wed Nov 30, 2022 2:21 pm
Monotremata wrote:

Lampdog wrote:Her face came to mind as SOON as I read this.
You thought it too.

:lol:

Below, you'll see 2 of the Sarah Jessica Parkers having a girl's night out in SoHo. Those silly ladies!

By Lampdog Thu Dec 01, 2022 5:20 pm
Have a backup plan.

Soon as MPC points to something that's not there sadness will ensue.
By elayas Sun Jan 22, 2023 10:06 am
Hi!

Is there a kind soul here that would not mind sharing the restore image file privately? I've the same issue, as many others here on this thread, and many other threads with the same topic on this forum. AKAI is just taking way to long to respond to my support request.

Thanks!
By [email protected] Tue Aug 01, 2023 9:52 pm
Just fixed mine. Put in a ticket and they got right back to me. The sent over a file and gave me instructions. Easy fix!

"Thanks for reaching out to us. I appreciate the opportunity to assist you!

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble! You can reinstall the factory content using an autorun folder. Download the folder and follow the provided instructions.

1. Download the .zip file.

2. Unzip the downloaded file.

3. Copy the contents (the “autorun” folder) onto either a USB stick, or an SD card (exFAT format, at least 16GB capacity), and make sure this content is placed in the root directory of the removable device - do NOT place the content inside a folder on the removable drive.

4. Turn on MPC and wait until the Demo selection screen pops up. (If you do not have a project Dialog box after startup, power off the MPC, insert your SD or USB and power it back on. The MPC will start the import automatically. skip to step 7)

5. Plug in the prepared USB stick or SD card.

6. A popup will appear asking if you want to download the contents. Press “YES”.

7. The MPC will reboot to a black screen and will start importing the content. DO NOT POWER OFF UNIT.

8. Unit will reboot after it has completed the import, and the content will be be available thereafter as normal.

Hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions. "