MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By AvocadoRob Tue Nov 29, 2022 8:10 pm
What I would love to see is a version of the MPC desktop software that allowed the MPC to remain in standalone mode and act as a VTS/AU host over USB. Each track lane in the MPC can refer to Node tracks where a VST can be instantiated. On the MPC interface it can be placed under sounds/Plugin. The MPC will be aware of your installed VST's from the scans it runs. It shouldn't be all that difficult to add the plugins to that menu like they do with the sounds interface when MPC is run from the desktop.
The Node software would use the MPC as an audio interface, so all the sound would appear at the output of the MPC. This way, the MPC has the full strength of your computer behind it, but it isn't completely dependent on the desktop software.

Thoughts?

--Rob
By Certified Beatz Wed Nov 30, 2022 5:29 am
Trying to think this through so have a host such as Blue Cat's Connector is an audio & MIDI streaming plug-in that can be used to transmit audio and MIDI signals in real time between several computers or applications, or create your own routings within a single application, with minimal latency. Copied and past off their website..

But I believe u have to have multiple instances installed.. also you have to worry about synchronization.. I don't really..