MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By covics-liftoff Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:12 am
Hi all,

As you must know the device crashes constantly when trying to open files in controller mode. Also, Splice locks-up often and half of the things you purchase don't install. Generally speaking, it's a roll of the dice that any plug-in or expansion will install and work correctly in both stand alone and controller mode.

There is no help or instruction available from the company. So, you have to scavenge around the web to find someone as frustrated as you that might have an answer, which you probably find 20 percent of the time.

All of this and an ever-growing collection of bugs that constantly arise, of course, leads to frustration that makes creativity impossible.

Is this just the MPC ONE? Or is it also true of the X? Just wondering if AKAI wants premium cost for functionality.

When the MPC ONE works, every now and then, it's a magnificent thing.

My question is:

Does AKAI have any plans to make the the MPC ONE actually a fully functional device, as advertised?

Would love to know!
By Lampdog Fri Dec 02, 2022 6:53 am
I said it before and I'll say it again, I hear more heartache from MPC One users than X. I don't know why. I can guess all day long why, that solves nothing and aint my steez anyway.
Nope, this aint that 20% your looking for, I don't have an answer. I have an X and the problems don't keep me from creating at all. I am strictly standalone. No MPC Software, no controller mode for creating. I use controller mode is for media housecleaning.
By GeeGee Fri Dec 02, 2022 12:12 pm
[email protected] wrote:Hi all,

As you must know the device crashes constantly when trying to open files in controller mode. Also, Splice locks-up often and half of the things you purchase don't install. Generally speaking, it's a roll of the dice that any plug-in or expansion will install and work correctly in both stand alone and controller mode.

There is no help or instruction available from the company. So, you have to scavenge around the web to find someone as frustrated as you that might have an answer, which you probably find 20 percent of the time.

All of this and an ever-growing collection of bugs that constantly arise, of course, leads to frustration that makes creativity impossible.

Is this just the MPC ONE? Or is it also true of the X? Just wondering if AKAI wants premium cost for functionality.

When the MPC ONE works, every now and then, it's a magnificent thing.

My question is:

Does AKAI have any plans to make the the MPC ONE actually a fully functional device, as advertised?

Would love to know!

Stay on 2.10.1. Rock solid and does everything I need. Ok, I'm a home studio enthusiast and don't rely on the One for gigging or my living, so that may not suit you, but I wouldn't chase beta-standard software on any computer-driven item. Everything I read here and on other fora indicates that iterations of 2.11 don't bring sufficient benefits to outweigh the hassle they're causing folks. If I could see evidence that Akai were on top of error-reporting and resolution, I'd reconsider, but the evidence isn't there ... yet.
By 40Beatz Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:22 pm
To the OP...

Downloading the MPC BIBLE will Address ALOT of the Heartache you're experiencing. Also answer a lot of your questions.
By MPC-Tutor Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:39 pm
If you are experiencing issues in controller mode it is unlikely related specifically to the MPC One, it's more likely an issue within the MPC Software itself and will affect all MPC models. There are likely some bugs that only affect certain models, but I have an MPC One and I've not noticed any unique controller mode bugs, I've seen all of them with the MPC Live as well.
By Monotremata Fri Dec 02, 2022 2:47 pm
GeeGee wrote:Stay on 2.10.1. Rock solid and does everything I need.

2.10.0 for me hah. 2.10.1 added support for the MPC Keys and on that build I started getting issues where the screen would stop working (yet the Live was still going). Lost a few things that way when I wasn't able to save the project because it wouldn't let me interact with the screen. Had plenty of crash/restarts too that I've never had before. Something about the MPC Keys support Im guessing.. I seem to remember Keys users having issues with it too.
By EnochLight Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:00 pm
Sooooo... completely unrelated to your issue (which I don't have since I rarely use Controller Mode), but I strongly encourage people to *NOT* use your actual email address as your user name. :WTF: :nod: :lol: This forum is public and gets scraped all of the time for data, so as of right now this dude's email address is public domain. I hope his company server has an awesome spam filter.
Last edited by EnochLight on Fri Dec 02, 2022 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.