MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By MPD MPK RAY Fri Dec 02, 2022 7:55 am
mpc mixdowns from Song but explode tracks is greyed out!

I have 8 sequences; drums exploded(3 with mini d, OP-X and Hype)

Recorded a blank track on Sequence 1 and 2 to turn the volume down on the OP-X when the verses start(converted into a sample because of the lack of automation in SONG Mode)
By MPD MPK RAY Fri Dec 02, 2022 4:11 pm
Thanks

The new 88 bar sequence broke my(continuous play); 3 samples on one pad rotaion, from the MPC counting 4 bar sequences 1 by 1 in Song Mode. Now my snare roll sample only comes on once every 16 bars rather than twice every 16 bars.

No biggie it's now reading 88 bars I will add more roll samples in the mix

:wink:

Edit: I have a drop down menu in Desktop Mode but How do I get to AUDIO MIXDOWN in standalone mode without first going to SONG mode?
By MPD MPK RAY Sat Dec 03, 2022 3:30 am
83dude wrote:Have you tried MENU > SAVE?

:worthy:

I'm soo funky....But SOO much X to learn!

PS: So how is everybody adding halftime to a Song Mode? Is it Convert to Sequence then then add it to said track without automation because of the midi only showing up at the hooks or is there a way to automate Song Mode or?....
By J.O.BEATS Sat Dec 03, 2022 5:51 pm
MPD MPK RAY wrote:
83dude wrote:Have you tried MENU > SAVE?

:worthy:

PS: So how is everybody adding halftime to a Song Mode? Is it Convert to Sequence then then add it to said track without automation because of the midi only showing up at the hooks or is there a way to automate Song Mode or?....

I don’t think I quite understand what you are asking but I convert to sequence from song mode and then add any automation, mutes, drops etc to the new sequence. Export stems from there.
By Lampdog Sat Dec 03, 2022 6:22 pm
No automation in song mode. It's not made for that. Song mode is only to chain seqs using only the very first seqs track assignments.
By MPD MPK RAY Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:43 am
J.O.BEATS wrote:
MPD MPK RAY wrote: :worthy:

I don’t think I quite understand what you are asking but I convert to sequence from song mode and then add any automation, mutes, drops etc to the new sequence. Export stems from there.

Yeah my bad I'm extremely excited. I will do that more because I had to convert to sequence to get the stems.
By MPD MPK RAY Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:51 am
Lampdog wrote:No automation in song mode. It's not made for that. Song mode is only to chain seqs using only the very first seqs track assignments.

I was just checking to see if anything changed since the MPC4000 and it looks like I will look forward to more 88 bar sequences as "Song Mode" and the Akai Force if I see a spark in the software that reminds me of my Maschine style Song Mode tools.

Keep MPCin guys! The X is a pure DREAMWEAVER :worthy: