MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By popshize Fri Dec 02, 2022 8:32 pm
Hello, I am new here and my english is not the best, but I will try to describe my problem as best as possible:

I own an MPC One. I connected a USB Hub from RSHtec to it. I got 5 Synths, a midikeyboard and 1 USB Drive connected to the hub. Normally I use the MPC in standalone mode. In this mode, everything works fine, the MPC recognizes all devices.

But in Controller Mode nothing works. The MPC doesnt recognize any of the devices connected to the USB Hub. They dont appear in the Midi Menu.
I think it is a Problem with the USB Hub, maybe it is not fully compatible. But I think its pretty unusual because everything works in standalone Mode.

Ist anyone Here with the same Problem or maybe even with a solution? Maybe I should buy another USB-Hub or maybe I missed some Important settings?
By EnochLight Mon Dec 05, 2022 2:41 pm
popshize wrote:Hey, thank you.

I will try again tomorriw, maybe my mpc just had a bad day or something like that.
Do you use a certain Hub which i could buy too?

I can confirm that SABRENT 4-Port USB 3.0 Hub with Individual LED Lit Power Switches, Includes 5V/2.5A Power Adapter (HB-UMP3) works fine with MPC and Force. And yeah, your hub should absolutely be powered. The Sabrent line of powered hubs in general are solid.
By misfit Mon Dec 05, 2022 3:39 pm
I think there is a bit of confusion here.
In controller mode, your MPC controls the PC + all the USB devices that are connected to the PC. USB Devices that are plugged in to the MPC are NOT passed through to the PC (only the MPC's MIDI ports are shared in both modes).
So you need to connect your synths to the PC when you are in controller mode.
The USB devices should have the same name on both the MPC and the PC, so you can still move projects from one to the other.
By popshize Wed Dec 28, 2022 2:21 am
Hey, thx for the answers.

@misfit

honestly it sounds very uncomfortable to unplug the Hub from the MPC and Plug it in the PC everytime I want to use MPC in Controller Mode, because most of the time I want to stay in standalone mode.
Is there a way to Plug the Hub in the MPC and the PC the Same time? Maybe by Splitting the Signal from the Hub?
By jamos Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:21 pm
USB Devices that are plugged in to the MPC are NOT passed through to the PC

I find this to be not entirely true. My Hydrasynth, at least, works in Controller mode; I am able to use the Hydrasynth Manager on my PC and it connects to the HS via the MPC's USB connection.
By Monotremata Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:47 pm
These are the ones Akai uses when they show off demos. Have two now, one on the Mac, one on the MPC, not a single problem with either one.

https://www.amazon.com/RSHTECH-Expander-Aluminum-Universal-Individual/dp/B08TT1ZK8G

The only catch is, the MPC seems to have trouble sending both controllers in 4+ port hubs to the computer, at least here. I only see the devices plugged into the first 4 ports when I put the MPC in controller mode, for some reason, it doesn't pass the second controller in the hub through so the last 3 ports don't show up.

They did initially, but at some point, some update changed that along the way.