MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Bradley Smith Sun Dec 04, 2022 12:46 pm
I get the above message when loading one of my projects. I'm on 2.10.1 but was one 2.11 for a short time. Is Bus Compressor a 2.11 plugin that perhaps I used and is now no longer there? I'd love to find a complete list of all the plugins for each firmware version!

EDIT: And sometimes it complains that it didn't load Hype. Different project. What's going on?
By MPC-Tutor Sun Dec 04, 2022 1:44 pm
buss compressor is the new name for master compressor (they no longer use 'master' anywhere in the software, also program edit > master is now 'global').

When you saved the project in 2.11 it changed the name of master compressor to bus compressor, so 2.10 doesn't recognise it. In an XPM file you can open in a text editor and replace any occurrence of the phrase 'bus compressor' to 'master compressor', I believe the plugin ID number is unchanged. Probably do the same with a project file if the compressor was applied to submixes or master.
By Bradley Smith Sun Dec 04, 2022 8:51 pm
In case anyone else has similar issues. The Bus Compressor error was caused by the problem MPC-Tutor said. Cool.
The Hype error only happened if I was using the MPC in connected mode. My Desktop software was version 2.11 and my MPC 2.10. I suspect an incompatibility is the cause but I cannot find a 2.10 Desktop Software download to test this. Akai's website is monumentally crap. If anyone knows where I can get previous versions of MPC Desktop I'd be super grateful.
By Christov Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:17 am
Bradley Smith wrote:My Desktop software was version 2.11 and my MPC 2.10. I suspect an incompatibility is the cause but I cannot find a 2.10 Desktop Software download to test this. Akai's website is monumentally crap. If anyone knows where I can get previous versions of MPC Desktop I'd be super grateful.

Word, I also need a 2.10 software version so let's hope someone has a link.
By kidkeitel Sat Dec 10, 2022 5:03 pm
bump for 2.10 software.... been using 2.10.1 firmware but recently switched from pc to Mac and could only download 2.11..... not tryna deal with more bugs!!! thanks in advance
By Joe Extrarradio Wed Jul 05, 2023 11:53 am
Hi,

I can´t find where the master compressor is on my desktop to change the name. Any ideas where it would be? I´ve lost all my projects because they won´t load because of the bus compressor error.
By MPC-Tutor Wed Jul 05, 2023 7:53 pm
Joe Extrarradio wrote:Hi,

I can´t find where the master compressor is on my desktop to change the name. Any ideas where it would be? I´ve lost all my projects because they won´t load because of the bus compressor error.

You don't change the plugin itself, you have to open up the program files (XPM, in the projectData folder) and potentially project files (XPJ) in a text editor and change the occurrences of 'master' to 'bus'. Re-save and you'll be good to go.
By Ultros Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:29 pm
(In movie trailer voice): This summer... wokeness strikes again... and this time... it's fkn with ppls projects.