MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By joegrant413 Mon Dec 05, 2022 6:55 pm
I want to be in Pencil mode, pick a spot on the Grid, and use my piano keys to put the notes on the Grid. In other words, use the Pencil mode but not tap the touch screen to specify the notes. I know how to play and record in real time, but I'm talking about a different method.

Can I do anything like this?

Thanks,
Joe

P.S. I have Key 61, but my question would be the same if I used a separate MIDI keyboard.
By Lampdog Tue Dec 06, 2022 8:13 am
Wuddup man, sashiburi des yo.

I have both Keys61 and an MPC X, they are (95%) the same OS.
By Elijah Tue Dec 06, 2022 9:02 am
1. In the grid mode, put a note and cut it.
2, Tap the blue bar to move the current position.
3. Tap the pad (not MIDI key board) you want to input.
4. paste the note.

It's a painful process...
By HanHuman Tue Dec 06, 2022 11:46 pm
You can't step record notes in the Grid, but you can in the List Edit menu with over dub on. There's a 'Auto-advance on step record' function that lets you input notes one by one based on the TC value. I wish they would bring it to the Grid view, just like it is in the JJOS. I did post it as a feature request some time ago.
By Blue Haze Wed Dec 07, 2022 1:57 pm
Lampdog wrote:Wuddup man, sashiburi des yo.

What’s up Lamp. Still at it just working on the engineering side of things more. I have mpc live on, mpc X and fantom 06. But I use the mpc X list edit with my keyboard all the time so I was thinking the keys should be able to do the same.
By Blue Haze Wed Dec 07, 2022 2:01 pm
Blue Haze wrote:
Lampdog wrote:Wuddup man, sashiburi des yo.

What’s up Lamp. Still at it just working on the engineering side of things more. I have mpc live on, mpc X and fantom 06. But I use the mpc X list edit with my keyboard all the time so I was thinking the keys should be able to do the same.

P.S for some reason my mailbox is full so I no longer get a notice if I get mail or replies.