MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By NIkBVk Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:20 am
in MPC X - Recoding a Bass overdub ( new track) on to a simple drum beat Project -
I select an unused track, load a bass sample, Sample goes to the pads as a scale so I can play pads as a baseline - When I '"play" the pads as bass notes and try an overdub It records not single notes as played but an ugly truncated cluster of all notes played as a chord. I've checked Pad Perform section to no avail. Help
By MPC-Tutor Fri Dec 09, 2022 9:26 am
NIkBVk wrote:I select an unused track, load a bass sample, Sample goes to the pads as a scale so I can play pads as a baseline

You can't load a sample to a track, you assign a program to a track and then assign the sample to the program. First please confirm what type of program you have assigned the bass sample to (keygroup or drum)?

NIkBVk wrote:I've checked Pad Perform section to no avail. Help

What do you actually see when you check pad perform? Because it definitely sounds like you have 'chord' mode enabled.