MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Monotremata Wed Dec 28, 2022 3:29 pm
Just saw someone mention it at Gearspaceslutz just now, and yep there it is in my account. I'm still on 2.10 thanks to the annoying Pad Perform mode, somebody let me know if we can turn it off finally and I'll update. :-D
By MPC-Tutor Wed Dec 28, 2022 4:42 pm
https://www.akaipro.com/mpc-release-notes

Compatibility

MPC 2.11 Desktop Software is now compatible with macOS Monterey and Windows 11.
MPC adds native support for running on Macs with Apple Silicon M1 and M1X processors.

New Features

You can now download and install internal plugin instruments and effects from the MPC desktop software in the Preferences > Activate Plugins tab.

MPC desktop plugin GUIs can be resized (please note this does not apply to the legacy Akai insert effects such as Akai Reverb Large).

Presets saved in the VST versions of plugins can now be loaded in the MPC internal versions (and vice versa). These will also appear in the User presets drop-down menu.

Other improvements

MPC user guides are now online
Stability and reliability
Bounce to Sample no longer gets stuck halfway through
Pinch-zooming on waveforms is now smooth and responsive
Program Edit envelope filter selection now matches between GUI & TUI
The same note can now be played simultaneously on multiple tracks
Multiple notes can now be played simultaneously when using 16 Levels on a polyphonic program
Crash no longer occurs when switching between Track Group and Track Mute during playback
By mpc_fan_2022 Wed Dec 28, 2022 5:57 pm
Good, and merry Christmas. Hope every bug has been squashed and it never happens again. Hopefully the Force update comes next fixing the CUE function not working anymore...
By Wul Wed Dec 28, 2022 6:20 pm
“The same note can be played simultaneously on multiple tracks”

Kind of a basic function of a credible sequencer. Ffs
By zangetsu01 Wed Dec 28, 2022 7:21 pm
People on FB are saying that the external audio interface problems have been fixed..!!
By roakey Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:21 pm
What a great christmas present....was just thinking about downgrading firmware....but this update has fixed alot of the annoying bugs...seems more responsive and i think it loads quicker as well,,,,midi bug gone... this is once more a beast of a machine....for all the users still on 2.10, this maybe the time to update...
By Vaksa Wed Dec 28, 2022 8:40 pm
"Multiple notes can now be played simultaneously when using 16 Levels on a polyphonic program".

Check this, guys. Seems that "Tune" not apear when using 16 Levels. Only Velocity, Probability and Ratchet. Not working for synths? Only for drum programs? Not used this before. Probably work as before, dunno.
By Ultros Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:01 pm
Gaddamn it i just went on "vacation". Which is actually isolation time.. (cut myself off from the world and focus on puzzles, games, programming)

i knew it.. right when you think you're out... they pull you RIGHT BACK IN...
By Vaksa Wed Dec 28, 2022 9:14 pm
Shift Lock (double tap) still not working. Message appear, as before, but not working.
"Dont snap" button not fixed in holding position for audio tracks.
By ocagiokas Thu Dec 29, 2022 1:53 pm
Sorry, bad news for the Model 12 owners.
2.11.7 not only strikes back with glitches, pops, etc... also it disconnets randomly and often.
I have done all the process twice, with several restarts and tests, but it has been impossible to maintain sound stability through usb.

Another waste of time giving the new firmware a chance (download, reset preferences, etc) and then go back to 2.11.4
Sad not to be able to enjoy the rest of the improvements.