MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By omygod Wed Jan 25, 2023 6:28 pm
Don't want to jinx myself, but I don't have any crackles from my model 12 with this January hot fix . Also no audio drops.
By kidkeitel Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:38 pm
omygod wrote:Don't want to jinx myself, but I don't have any crackles from my model 12 with this January hot fix . Also no audio drops.

if true, its about damn time.... not holding my breath tho, I've had a short period if 'seemingly smooth' operation before an eventual crack Snapple and pop showed up to the party.
By dilingdong Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:19 am
omygod wrote:Don't want to jinx myself, but I don't have any crackles from my model 12 with this January hot fix . Also no audio drops.

What did you mean with 'this January hot fix?' I've updated to 2.11.7 and with the 1.3 version on model 12 and I get crackles and the model12 even suddenly disconnect as well.
By dilingdong Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:27 am
ah my bad. didn't check previous message. ok I'll give that a shot.

i just downloaded the update for usb but my file size is much smaller than what was posted a few days agao. mine is at 214.4 mb
By kidkeitel Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:39 am
omygod wrote:It's been good on my end for 24hrs.. I'll keep you posted..

that's what up. dusty finger crossed!
By dilingdong Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:48 am
well I tried the 'so-called' new update and also tried an online update, still doesn't work with the model 12. Getting crackles and disconnection.
By MPC_Maschinist Thu Jan 26, 2023 6:41 am
Elijah wrote:
MPC_Maschinist wrote:Hi, Does somebody know whether there is still that MIDI learn bug that fills the internal drive with lots of *.xmm files?
I'd like to use my Faderfox EC4, e.g. as a Q-Link 16 knob alternative, without bricking my MPC Live II. :?
I don't know if the bug has been fixed, but you can easily fix that problem via SSH.

Please could you elaborate this for me MPC newbie a little bit?
By Elijah Thu Jan 26, 2023 7:43 am
MPC_Maschinist wrote:Please could you elaborate this for me MPC newbie a little bit?

See this instruction:
https://github.com/TheKikGen/MPC-LiveXp ... -one-Force

1. Download the img file(MPC-2.11.7.39.tkglssh-Update.img) from the above page, and put it on an USB flash drive.
2. Update your MPC from the usb drive.
3. Connect from PC/Mac with SSH client.
4. Go to /media/acvs-content/MPC Documents/Midi Learn/ , and delete .xmm files.
By moss Thu Jan 26, 2023 9:37 am
Elijah wrote:
MPC_Maschinist wrote:Please could you elaborate this for me MPC newbie a little bit?

See this instruction:
https://github.com/TheKikGen/MPC-LiveXp ... -one-Force

1. Download the img file(MPC-2.11.7.39.tkglssh-Update.img) from the above page, and put it on an USB flash drive.
2. Update your MPC from the usb drive.
3. Connect from PC/Mac with SSH client.
4. Go to /media/acvs-content/MPC Documents/Midi Learn/ , and delete .xmm files.

Can I see these .xmm files on the drive to check if this issue exists without the hack?
By Calcaire Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:26 am
using the internal Browsern you can watch in your MPC Documents Folder , standalone. No need to SSH access for quitting these files.

SSH is useful for the rest : Backups, Global mappings, and lot of other :)

If it's full of copyed mapping file, go back and delete the whole MIDI LEARN folder ( SHIFT+ DELETE ALL when the folder is highlighted) .. It will be recreated after?
By moss Thu Jan 26, 2023 12:54 pm
Calcaire wrote:using the internal Browsern you can watch in your MPC Documents Folder , standalone. No need to SSH access for quitting these files.

SSH is useful for the rest : Backups, Global mappings, and lot of other :)

If it's full of copyed mapping file, go back and delete the whole MIDI LEARN folder ( SHIFT+ DELETE ALL when the folder is highlighted) .. It will be recreated after?

Ah, thanks! Now, I remember that I did that before :lol:
It seems there were again over 2000 files, strangely from an Akai controller keyboard I do not own and never connected. Maybe that's the cause for my MIDI mapping issues...
By DeaDeus Thu Jan 26, 2023 2:50 pm
DeaDeus wrote:
MPC-Tutor wrote:Sshhh, super secret hotfix. Must not actually tell anyone about it, especially those whose MPCs are not connected to the internet. Makes complete sense...

Funny, as you mention it - my MPCX was not able to do the 2.11.7 online update back in Dec.
A couple of weeks ago the MPCX mentioned that there is an update to 2.11.7 (update was done manually by me in Dec). Me as a perfect servant did the MPCX update. I thought, OK now it knows I did it....

EDIT: ...wow - I have downloaded the Jan23 file, and I was interested whether the MPCX will tell me "done so before"
--- The .img files are NOT found anymore on the USB stick - not the current and not older versions.
---- Did they dare to cut off the USB update?????

Can somebody try it out - this would be a complete disaster. Not being able to revert back to a working operation system - if something goes wrong....like NOW

UPDATE to the issue:
- Just in case somebody will experience this too.
- I downgraded the MPCX with the Windows file "MPC 2.11.6 Updater - Win.exe"
- Worked fine.
- USB Update after downgrade was still not possible - same error message and the file is NOT visible on the stick using the MPCX file Browser
- Online update to 2.11.7 was offered and done....
- USB Update still not possible
- Both USB ports tested
- Different stick used
- No differences
- Feels like it is dying and refuses life sustaining measurement :shock: