MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Lancerben Thu Jan 12, 2023 6:05 am
scd wrote:Sorry, was having the flu… :vomit:

The test is quite simple: use a sample program with some kind of piano/wurli/EP sound. Attach a sustain pedal. Press a key and hold the sustain pedal and press that same key again: does the sample for that key retrigger or not?

Yes it works fine with a sustain pedal, the note retriggers.. Chords as well. The problem you are probably thinking is midi triggering from an external source...
By scd Wed Feb 01, 2023 6:56 am
Lancerben wrote:
scd wrote:Sorry, was having the flu… :vomit:

The test is quite simple: use a sample program with some kind of piano/wurli/EP sound. Attach a sustain pedal. Press a key and hold the sustain pedal and press that same key again: does the sample for that key retrigger or not?

Yes it works fine with a sustain pedal, the note retriggers.. Chords as well. The problem you are probably thinking is midi triggering from an external source...

Thanks for checking. Yes, with external source, but also with a pedal on my MPC X. So there is a difference here. But I just read in the changelog of 2.11.7 firmware that this might be fixed. I am gonna check it out now.
Thanks for trying Lancerben!