MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By scd Thu Dec 29, 2022 9:59 am
anyone with a MPC Keys 61 willing to do a small test?
By Lampdog Thu Dec 29, 2022 4:03 pm
What test? Can't just say yes and not know what's what? :lol:
By Patientrichard Sat Dec 31, 2022 11:34 am
Lampdog wrote:What test? Can't just say yes and not know what's what? :lol:

They want you to throw a pot of coffee on it, to see if it still functions.

Come in mate, we are all awaiting your results!! :lol:
By EnochLight Sat Dec 31, 2022 4:52 pm
OP might not be checking the forum and crawling threads to see if he got a reply. One thing I truly loath about this forum is that there is no email notification for threads. I'd give the farm if Tutor would migrate this forum to something more modern, even if all of the data from the past 15-20 years couldn't be ported. But... Just keep the old forum locked as a "read only" database and link to it. Problem solved.
By Wiredo Mon Jan 02, 2023 6:37 am
ya, just got it…, good board, only weird thing is i cant get the usb midi out to be seen in mainstage, My yamaha moxf8 needed a usb driver by steinberg/ yamaha for it to be seen, may have to return it if usb 3 port is screwed , should be plug n play
By Lampdog Mon Jan 02, 2023 11:02 am
The manual only mentions “mpc software”.

By Lampdog Sat Jan 07, 2023 9:20 pm
Kronos2, S2400, Moog Subsequent-37 all are able send midi directly into Reaper DAW.

My MPC X and MPCKeys61 don’t. Seems it’s “locked” into MPCSoftware only, it is what it is.
Like I said before the manual states what the usb b port if for. Proves that people don’t reed/heed the manual. Sure the manual is not the end all/be all, bugs like a bunny everywhere, but, it gives a damn good clue as to what the hardware does and we “work” within those boundaries, no matter the other shit other gear can do. “An mpc can only do what an mpc can do”.
By scd Wed Jan 11, 2023 4:03 pm
Sorry, was having the flu… :vomit:

The test is quite simple: use a sample program with some kind of piano/wurli/EP sound. Attach a sustain pedal. Press a key and hold the sustain pedal and press that same key again: does the sample for that key retrigger or not?