MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By cchimi Sat Jan 07, 2023 1:54 pm
I'm trying to use an APC Mini to control the volume on my MIDI and audio tracks on my Live II. I'll also need to do this on a Keys 61, but I don't have that there right now. The Live II is on the latest firmware, upgraded yesterday. (2.11.7? I think?)

I connect the Live II to the APC Mini via USB. I confirm that it is detected in the MIDI Preferences. I make sure CONTROL is selected (note: I've tried this with GLOBAL and TRACK also selected - all the combinations). I then confirm in the MAIN screen is that MIDI is being received. So, I'm pretty sure I'm ready to go.

I go into MENU/MIDI CONTROL and select MIDI LEARN at the bottom. I select ENABLE MAPPING and hit the plus sign to create a new mapping. From there, I select TRACK 1 (an existing track in my project) and VOLUME. I then enable LEARN and move the fader on my APC Mini. Nothing.

I've tried this with several other controllers, including OnSong on my iPad. Nothing.

Any idea what I'm doing wrong? Any help would be appreciated.

Carl
By cchimi Sun Jan 08, 2023 12:59 pm
I'm not sure how to do that. Is that a "lose everything and start all over" kind of thing?

Thanks,

Carl
By Masi Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:15 pm
You loose "only" all your settings in "preferences".

I had to do it just an hour ago to make MIDI learn working again. Such a stupid bug.
By DeaDeus Sun Jan 08, 2023 4:28 pm
"I'm not sure how to do that." Preferences > Info > Reset Preferences (right beside the "Update" button)
By Elijah Sun Jan 08, 2023 5:41 pm
Turn on the Preferences > MIDI/SYNC > Input ports > APC Mini? > "Control" button.
By Lampdog Sun Jan 08, 2023 11:53 pm
Isn’t the midi learn bug and a solution talked about in other threads.
Yes, it’s a bug, instead of spinning your wheels search and find the thread unless it’s something different than discussed.
By cchimi Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:17 am
I did search, and always do before posting a question. I didn't find anything I recognized as a solution, so I posted.
By cchimi Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:19 am
Elijah wrote:Turn on the Preferences > MIDI/SYNC > Input ports > APC Mini? > "Control" button.

As you can see in my original post, I did that. Thanks, though.
By cchimi Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:20 am
Masi wrote:You loose "only" all your settings in "preferences".

I had to do it just an hour ago to make MIDI learn working again. Such a stupid bug.

Thanks. I'll try it as soon as I'm at my machine again.
By cchimi Mon Jan 09, 2023 11:21 am
DeaDeus wrote:"I'm not sure how to do that." Preferences > Info > Reset Preferences (right beside the "Update" button)

Thanks. I'll try it as soon as I'm with my machine again.
By cchimi Wed Feb 01, 2023 10:32 pm
I'm sorry it took WAY too long to get back to my LIVE II, but I finally did today. Resetting the Preferences solved the MIDI Learn problem. Thanks very much.