MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Hubsi Federer Wed Jan 11, 2023 8:11 am
Hey everybody,

I'm new to the forum and I searched a solution for my problem, but I couldn't find anything so I hope someone can help me

I just bought an MPC One and I wanted to use it for my Band live to play backing tracks and to trigger some sounds/melodies via the pads.

So I have different Audio-backings-tracks for each song and when I create different sequences for every song, I can't mute or solo specific audio-tracks. So I'm searching for a workaround to realize my live set, without having to load a new program for every new song.
Can somebody help me?

Greetings, Hubsi
By NearTao Wed Jan 11, 2023 11:53 am
For plenty of tracks this ought to be possible, but you probably need to explain what you did, and how you are trying to get it to work, for any of us to have a hope of helping you out.

Honestly, fastest way to get help would be to record a short video showing what it does, what you setup, and how you expect it to work. Otherwise we'll all just be guessing at what you did or what the issue is.
By charlieocali Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:35 pm
I watched Alicaia Keys do this exact thing, triggering the backing tracks from either the pad direct, or via a sequence. But from what I could tell, the backing was all on pads to give total control and provide a more "live" feel.
By mpc_fan_2022 Wed Jan 11, 2023 9:55 pm
Hubsi Federer wrote:Hey everybody,

I'm new to the forum and I searched a solution for my problem, but I couldn't find anything so I hope someone can help me

I just bought an MPC One and I wanted to use it for my Band live to play backing tracks and to trigger some sounds/melodies via the pads.

So I have different Audio-backings-tracks for each song and when I create different sequences for every song, I can't mute or solo specific audio-tracks. So I'm searching for a workaround to realize my live set, without having to load a new program for every new song.
Can somebody help me?

Greetings, Hubsi

The solution is to use audio clip programs instead of sequences and audio tracks, and trigger them manually. look it up in the guide. Of course it requires all your data to be in audio format but it's a good trade off on stage, there is absolutely no need to run plugins or keygroups sequences live, only on the parts your play live. Hopefully one day, the MPC will have MIDI clip programs like the Force as well but nothing is for certain with AKAI.
By WINTEC Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:49 pm
This is why I purchased the MPC one.
1. Make a finished project > Save it as an audio file, whatever format you like.
2. Use your Browser to locate the audio file> Load it into your sample pool.
3. Using the drum program section put the audio file on whatever pad you like, use assign feature.
4. Do this for as many audio files as you want but watch your memory, it will run out at some point.
5. You can now save what you have done as a project file, so you can recall it at any time.
6. When ready to perform just hit the pad that has the song you want.

I hope that this has been helpful if you have any problem just use the forum.
By Lampdog Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:36 pm
WINTEC wrote:1. Make a finished project > Save it as an audio file, whatever format you like..

Onboard mpc, whatever format the mpc likes accepts.
Offboard, whatever format you like.
By Hubsi Federer Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:11 am
NearTao wrote:For plenty of tracks this ought to be possible, but you probably need to explain what you did, and how you are trying to get it to work, for any of us to have a hope of helping you out.

Honestly, fastest way to get help would be to record a short video showing what it does, what you setup, and how you expect it to work. Otherwise we'll all just be guessing at what you did or what the issue is.

Hi together,

thank you for all your quick answers!! So I try to explain what I want to do with an example:
I want to play a 3-song live-Set. The audio tracks in the individual songs are always different ones.

Song #1:
- 1x Drum Program (to play samples live via the Pads, Output 3,4)
- 1x Percussion audio track (routed to output 1,2)
- 1x Synthesizer audio track (routed to output 3,4)
- 1x Bass audio track (routed to output 5,6)

Song #2:
- 1x Vocal audio track (routed to output 1,2)

Song #3:

Is there any way to realise that within one Project?
By mpckey61newbie Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:26 am
WINTEC wrote:This is why I purchased the MPC one.
1. Make a finished project > Save it as an audio file, whatever format you like.
2. Use your Browser to locate the audio file> Load it into your sample pool.
3. Using the drum program section put the audio file on whatever pad you like, use assign feature.
4. Do this for as many audio files as you want but watch your memory, it will run out at some point.
5. You can now save what you have done as a project file, so you can recall it at any time.
6. When ready to perform just hit the pad that has the song you want.

I hope that this has been helpful if you have any problem just use the forum.

-------

I have tried this, thank you - the only thing is, once the sample i.e. audio file is triggered, I can't find a way to stop it playing!! For example, if I start the wrong one by mistake - or the audience request a different song - or any other reason! Is there any way (apart from switching off the MPC or loading a new project) to stop the sample playing once triggered?