MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By mrriot Sun Jan 15, 2023 9:20 am
Hi Guys

is it possible to show also the instruments, drums, samples etc. from the SD-Card in the TouchScreen Content Browser? If i go there on my MPC One, i only can use this filters on the internal storage which is kind of pointless on the mpc one...

i would like to go to the Browser/Content/Instruments and choose a F9 Instrument there which is located under my Sd-Card/Expansions

Cheers
Patrick
By Lampdog Sun Jan 15, 2023 11:39 am
The manual will give you alot more info and detail.
Even better is the mpc bible. Examples, methods and more.

Also, hit the audition button at bottom, you can use that to hear the samples as you browse..

By Elijah Sun Jan 15, 2023 12:05 pm
Use "Places" tab > F9 Inst or "Expansions" tab > F9 Inst
By mrriot Sun Jan 15, 2023 1:26 pm
Hi Guys

Thanks i know i can use places or expansions.

My question was can i use content and filter it down to instruments or drums and dont have to cycle through folders anymore

Is content limited to the internal storage?
By MPC-Tutor Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:13 pm
mrriot wrote:Is content limited to the internal storage?

Yes. The whole 'content' tab is fairly pointless if it's just limited to internal drive content , another one of those half-implemented features that clearly needs 'polishing' to work more usefully. As such, never use it myself.

Give me a an indexed database with a proper tagging engine please.
By Lampdog Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:25 pm
Load internal whatever content into ram. Save it off to sd card.
or
Export content from mpc software to sd card.

Standalone default internal cannot be accessed by computer (unless hacked).

You need to be inside a folder to see it’s content.
By Elijah Mon Jan 16, 2023 12:19 pm
There is no way to filter drum kits and key groups in the browser... :(
By mrriot Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:00 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:
mrriot wrote:Is content limited to the internal storage?

Yes. The whole 'content' tab is fairly pointless if it's just limited to internal drive content , another one of those half-implemented features that clearly needs 'polishing' to work more usefully. As such, never use it myself.

Give me a an indexed database with a proper tagging engine please.

thanks for clarification, it could have been so easy :WTF:
By mrriot Mon Feb 06, 2023 8:07 am
Hi, another Browser Issue came up yesterday, when i access the browser it always selects the "drum program" filter by itself, so i always have to change it to all files, which is kind of annoying, is it possible to change the default browser filter?