MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Modern Groove Assembly Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:07 am
So I bought the Keys Collection and the Fabric Collection from the Akai website, and when it asked me to enter my email address, it didn't dawn on me to use the InMusic account, I used my other email account that I use for all my online CC purchases.

Lo and behold, there seems to be no way to access these plug ins either in the hardware or software because they don't show up in the InMusic account.

In fact, I can't even set up a proper account with the other email address, all I can do is get a link to manage purchases, which basically just shows me a copy of the receipt, but with no way to access serial numbers etc.

Is there any way to do this without waiting on someone from Akai to do it for me?
By Lampdog Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:30 am
Did you ever register your gear?
By Modern Groove Assembly Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:35 am
Yes, I had registered under one email but I purchased under a different one, and couldn't get the MPC to log into the second email account.

OK, I managed to figure it out. Really can't be done in standalone I don't think you have to do it via the software but I got it done.
By EnochLight Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:49 pm
Lampdog wrote:What exactly did you do?

He got it done. :lol:
By GZero Thu Jan 26, 2023 4:04 pm
I ordered expansions under the wrong email and they were very quick to transfer it to the correct email. If your like me with multiple email and logins and pull a brain fart just notify customer service and they will fix the problem.
By Modern Groove Assembly Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:51 pm
Hi luckily I got it done but I've received no support from customer service as of yet as I'd like all the licenses transferred to one account.

When I purchased it, I gave the email that I usually use on Google for CC purchases, not the one I have my inmusic account under.

I had to create an account with the new email, then connect the MPC to the computer, then log into the new account, then authorize the plug ins from the machine.

Also, re the serial numbers, it took a while but eventually I could access the serial numbers, so I probably could have done it manually as well.

You just hate to spend and not be able to use right away!

At any rate, I didn't feel like I wanted the FM synth or the studio strings, so I grabbed the keys collection and the Fabric collection for about $240. Very useful plugs imo.
By Lampdog Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:21 pm
IMO

OPx-4
Mini D
for the win.

Odyssey w/ enough tweaking...
Flavor Pro...
Fabric
are deadly.

Strings
Mellotron
meh.
By EnochLight Fri Jan 27, 2023 8:37 pm
Lampdog wrote:IMO

OPx-4
Mini D
for the win.

Flavor Pro...
Fabric
are deadly.

Strings
Mellotron
meh.

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy:
By MPC_Maschinist Sat Jan 28, 2023 6:37 am
Lampdog wrote:IMO

OPx-4
Mini D
for the win.

Flavor Pro...
Fabric
are deadly.

Strings
Mellotron
meh.

THIS! :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

And it is always the "best" idea on any platform to use different mail addresses for orders and account authentification. :roll: :twisted: