MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By akimov Sun Jan 22, 2023 8:50 pm
Hi guys, how do you insert sequence where do you you want in your song (I mean sequence mode but it's your song..), this year, in 2023?
Last edited by akimov on Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Lampdog Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:11 pm
Song mode

Has nothing to do with year.
By Lampdog Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:25 pm
There are 99 seqs. There's no "seq rearrange" mentioned in the manual, cause it's not a feature.
By akimov Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:33 pm
Ok. this was a feature in every sequencer in 2022 that's why I'm asking. I'm a new Akai user. sorry.
By Lampdog Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:39 pm
No sorry necessary.
In the main menu, highlight the sequence and jog wheel to the next seq, 99 seqs in all.

None of the other mpc's could do this right? INSERT a sequence in main seq menu right?
What "other" sequencers in 2022 are you talking about?
By akimov Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:44 pm
pyramid, 1010 black box, all the old synths that I owned (Roland, Yamaha, Korg...)
Last edited by akimov on Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By Lampdog Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:45 pm
MPC can only do what mpc can do.
It's none of those machines.

I'm not trying to defend it, but, I started with the manual to see what it CAN do before expecting anything.
By akimov Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:53 pm
thinking like that the world is as it should be and it will never change... I feel cold all of a sudden.
joking aside, the next sequence mode is interesting. I used it on the blackbox and use it on the MPC key I just bought with a morning star MC6 on my foot. The MPC key is also a live instrument. So when you play live, you want to change, create new sequences and insert them.
By Lampdog Sun Jan 22, 2023 9:57 pm
There are lots of threads here with peeps having lots of issues with playing live on stage.
If playing live you may be better off pre-planning seqs, sounds and operations as much as you can is what the general consensus seems to be.

I've always been interested in morningstars pedals but, I have no need for them, still they seem nice from everywhere I've read.
By magnusson Thu Jan 26, 2023 11:06 pm
Just want to validate the OP -- it's totally absurd that sequences can't be arbitrarily inserted or easily re-ordered. This should be trivial to accomplish and instead it's a major hassle. A dumbfounding omission.
By 40Beatz Fri Jan 27, 2023 2:38 pm
:lol:
We cant even get Tracks/FX Slots to be Re-Ordered....in 2023
By Christov Fri Jan 27, 2023 4:40 pm
If you want a large trunk don't buy a Ferrari. Easy as that.

All jokes aside, a MPC has its own logic. When I used a Roland sampler it drove me crazy that it wasnt similar to a MPC, so I sold it eventually. So I get the frustration, but it is what is is.
By jabberwalky Fri Jan 27, 2023 7:28 pm
MPC is all about workarounds sadly. Strengths & weaknesses. My advice? If you like the pyramid sequencer, but the MPC sounds, just use it as a sound module.
By renegadebliss Mon Jan 30, 2023 12:38 am
Why not use them both in tandem? I have a Sequentix P3 sequencer that I use w/ my MPC 4000 & Live. It handles things that my MPC can't and my MPC handles things that it can not... They work great together.