MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By mpc_fan_2022 Wed Jan 25, 2023 7:03 pm
SirAdrianFish wrote:MPC One in September 2022 at Thomann € 739,00 (German Onlineshop), todays offer (2023-01-25) € 712,00 reduced from € 959,99.

The MPC One is Europe was never 959€ on Thomann. It was always around 700€ new. In fact I got my MPC One for around 600€ new 2 year ago.

The MPC Live II is 1000€ new, it makes no sense to say that the MPC One was ever 959€ in Europe at Thomann.

Research & Development Is An Expensive Endeavor At InMusic... Unfortunately.

They Concentrate On Revenue 1st....Unfortunately

Too Many Companies Under the InMusic Umbrella Promotes In-House Revenue Competition.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

You'd think that hardware engineering, building grooveboxes, supply chain logistics would be MORE expensive than hiring unpaid interns to fix C++ bugs... but I guess InMusic works differently...
By EnochLight Wed Jan 25, 2023 8:46 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:TBH I find the MPC One pretty flakey compared to my MPC Live Mk 1, for example refusing to connect to the internet (takes an hour sometimes), or SD card not appearing in controller mode, having to disconnect and reconnect USB cable to get it to recognise controller mode on the screen (none of these problems with my Live using the same cable, ethernet cable and SD card). Pads more insensitive as well. But better button options.

:hmmm: Sounds like you have a bum MPC One, dude. If this was the norm for all MPC Ones, your forum would be littered with complaints. The MPC One my buddy has doesn't have any of the issues you mention.
By MPC-Tutor Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:14 pm
EnochLight wrote: :hmmm: Sounds like you have a bum MPC One, dude. If this was the norm for all MPC Ones, your forum would be littered with complaints. The MPC One my buddy has doesn't have any of the issues you mention.

No doubt, but past warranty now and I can live with its flakiness as I mostly use the Live (which is the only MPC I've owned that has not had any issues whatsoever).