MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By mrmarbury Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:09 pm
Got a mail that the one is $200 off at licensed dealers. Is this a sign that the „new MPC blood“ thickens? Or just something they do? :hmmm:
Last edited by mrmarbury on Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
By MPC-Tutor Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:46 pm
I'm not seeing any change in price here in the UK. In fact the MPC One (black) is around £50 more expensive than it was a year ago. Also seems to be out of stock in most places here. Seems to be a US-only promo.

In the US, it was always $699 from day one release (Feb 20) until April '21, then has been gradually rising. So at $699 they are actually selling a three year old MPC at its original release price.

I'm old enough to remember when 3 year old MPC's were sold at significantly lower prices than their original release 'street' price :)
By mrmarbury Tue Jan 24, 2023 6:56 pm
Yeah, dunno. Funny thing is that they actually refer to the $699. Which feels odd since I got mine for €609 new and even Thomann hat it for €619 for quite some time here. But I don‘t know the price structure in the US. At least they seem to try to pull some marketing tricks. But that would mean the initial price was 899? Never seen it for 899 at least here in Germany.
By MPC-Tutor Tue Jan 24, 2023 7:32 pm
mrmarbury wrote:But that would mean the initial price was 899? Never seen it for 899 at least here in Germany.

No, the release price was $699 - this article mentions it at the end:

https://www.musicradar.com/news/namm-20 ... aiting-for

$699 in the US, £639 in the UK. Often available for around £565 in the UK, currently £629 most places. But if it's $200 off, they should be going for around £495 in UK.

TBH I find the MPC One pretty flakey compared to my MPC Live Mk 1, for example refusing to connect to the internet (takes an hour sometimes), or SD card not appearing in controller mode, having to disconnect and reconnect USB cable to get it to recognise controller mode on the screen (none of these problems with my Live using the same cable, ethernet cable and SD card). Pads more insensitive as well. But better button options.
By 40Beatz Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:25 pm
I just got the Email...the $200 off kinda seems like they're referring to the Retro ($899). Its a play on words :lol:

To Me....

Its a Sign that they're going to Expand and Market a Lower Priced "XL".. Either A MPC ONE XL or MPC LIVE XL

I know this will Ruffle the Feathers round here :lol:

Just my thoughts...
By 40Beatz Tue Jan 24, 2023 8:48 pm
If I were Running things at InMusic...

I would temporarily lower the MPC ONE Price
Then Release the All New MPC ONE XL ($899)
Then Release the All New MPC Live XL ($1199)
Then Release the All New MPC XL [2024] (TBD) (Based on New ONE/LIVE XL Sales)
By mpc_fan_2022 Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:39 pm
If I were Running things at InMusic...

I'd fix all the bugs, get feature parity with the Force, implement all the biggest customer wishes before even thinking about releasing yet another model.

More MPC doesn't make MPC OS better.
By 40Beatz Tue Jan 24, 2023 9:55 pm
Research & Development Is An Expensive Endeavor At InMusic... Unfortunately.

They Concentrate On Revenue 1st....Unfortunately

Too Many Companies Under the InMusic Umbrella Promotes In-House Revenue Competition.

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$
By bitermc Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:12 am
I had to double-check my emails for this: I paid €666 on 11/04/2021 for my MPC One.

Maybe the new units come with the paid plugins preloaded?
By MPC-Tutor Wed Jan 25, 2023 10:51 am
bitermc wrote:I had to double-check my emails for this: I paid €666 on 11/04/2021 for my MPC One.

Maybe the new units come with the paid plugins preloaded?

No, they've made no announcement in that respect, they'd be singing that from the roof tops if they were including them.

I assume there's all manner of excuses why the price has risen by over 25% in the past three years, i.e. chip shortages, covid, inflation etc. But the fact is, the price in the UK hasn't changed too much during the past 3 years. it was released at £639 and has hovered around £575-£629 ever since then. So why has the price only increased in the US during this time?
By bitermc Wed Jan 25, 2023 12:57 pm
I wasn't aware prices raised that much in the US. I don't think it has happened in the EU either.

Funny thing how Inmusic sends american offers to customers worldwide, even when they have our exact locations in their DB... I'd be surprised, but it's in the line of how they work for everything else :mrgreen:
By 40Beatz Wed Jan 25, 2023 2:24 pm
£££££££££££££££

$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

To me it seems like...InMusic's Pricing is a lil higher than other Retailer's Pricing. So they're Lowering their Suggested Manufacturer's Price lol...to match most Retailers Price. At the End of the day, they're trying Reduce their Inventory....Possibly to make room for that MPC ONE XL :lol: