MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By jamos Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:14 pm
So somehow my project got into a state in which everything is muted and nothing can be unmuted. Anytime I try to unmute a track, it goes right back to muted. This is haw mutes act when a track is solo'd, I realize that, but no tracks were solo'd. Soloing each track individually did not solve the problem, nor did that audibly unmute any track. So I gave up and reloaded the project, and everything was fine except for losing some work.

How does this happen, and is there a way out? 2.11.7
By Lampdog Sun Jan 29, 2023 8:16 pm
From the posts of people having problems it's starting to remind me of "2.7"
By 83dude Sun Jan 29, 2023 9:16 pm
Use list editor and delete all occurrences of mutes and solos. It‘s annoying but it should do the trick.
By Lampdog Mon Jan 30, 2023 5:41 am
Also try ERASE button and choose ALL AUTOMATIONS.
By Elijah Mon Jan 30, 2023 7:55 am
Just to be safe, turn off the "Record track mute and solo events" option.
By mrriot Mon Jan 30, 2023 8:17 am
had this also, it happens when you press mute while recording is still on.

go to grid view // change the menu downwards from velocity to trmute and click the little trashbin, then it should be all fine again...

respond if you should need a screenshot for this, i will do one tonight if need.

cheers
patrick
By 40Beatz Mon Jan 30, 2023 2:31 pm
Try Resetting Your Preferences 1st
By jamos Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:17 pm
Thanks all. Looks like everyone else is as stumped as I was. The project is in its early stages so I had not added any automation yet. I did look at each track in List Edit mode and there was no automation.