MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Laserbeak43 Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:20 pm
Hi,
Is it possible to duplicate a track and its program, or will I need to save the program (which I should be doing anyway, I guess) and add it to a new track?
By MPC-Tutor Mon Jan 30, 2023 4:57 pm
Program is already in memory, you can assign it freely to any track you wish. Separately, if you choose 'copy track' this will copy everything on that track including the program assignment. Just save the entire project which will also save the program, no need to save it separately.

Check out the MPC Bible for clarity on all this stuff:

https://www.mpc-samples.com/product.php/268/mpc-bible/
By Ajax Fri Feb 03, 2023 5:03 pm
Hit the pencil icon on the upper right, then go to copy events. When you open it up, just select the track you want to copy at the top and the track you want it to go to at the bottom. That will immediately copy the track events and the program into the new track.

Also, to echo MPC-Tutor above, buy the MPC Bible. It’s the best teaching tool on MPCs I’ve ever seen, other than someone literally showing you in person. It’s well worth the price.
By Lampdog Sun Feb 05, 2023 4:11 pm
Hit the pencil icons on the main menu.