MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By cchimi Thu Feb 02, 2023 12:04 am
I seem to learn this MPC stuff much slower than I should.

Working on my bandmate's MPC Key 61, we kept running into low memory problems. Honestly, it didn't seem to me that we had that much loaded. Maybe six instruments. Maybe four from FabricXL and a couple from Stage Strings. Each instrument was loaded into its own program, kind of like this:

Plugin Program 1: FabricXL Finger Bass Amp
Plugin Program 2: FabricXL Soft Xylophone
Plugin Program 3: FabricXL Celeste
Etc.

Now, I guess I thought if I loaded Finger Bass Amp into Program 1 I was only loading Finger Bass Amp into Program 1, not all of FabricXL. After hitting low memory and plugin not loading problems so often though, it hit me today that maybe when I load Finger Bass Amp into Program 1 maybe I'm really loading all of FabricXL into Program 1. If that's true, then I'm loading THREE different instantiations of FabricXL in the example above, each with a whole lot of FabricXL preset sounds that I don't need just to get the one I do need.

I am I right about that? If so, is there a way around it?

We are using the Key 61 for live work. Each sequence represents a different song, with tracks loaded in that have the presets we need in them.

Is there a way to load a preset from a plugin without loading the entire plugin? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Carl
By MPC-Tutor Thu Feb 02, 2023 1:00 am
No you are not loading the entire fabric plugin (which wouldn't fit into memory, it's huge). You adding whatever is needed for each patch. Studio strings is a big memory hog, one instance in the mpc live uses 31% of ram. You can use the memory meter to monitor how much the memory is being used each time you load something extra. Theres other recent topics about this and how to manage memory better

viewtopic.php?p=1859020#p1859020
By Avasopht Thu Feb 02, 2023 10:51 pm
Just load Fabric patches in standalone.

It would be great if this could be automatic, so that you get the FabricXL patch on the PC, or if it was just a button click to swap them out.