MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By LivePsy Thu Feb 02, 2023 9:52 pm
I think a lot of posters got a ONE but really wanted the features of the LIVE II. Its a dilemma because the buttons are far more useful on the ONE but the lack of full connectivity is brutal. The LIVE II is the best compromise between the ONE and X.
By J.O.BEATS Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:28 am
An updated One makes way more business sense than an upgraded X

I’m also a little bias because I’ve been saying I want the One form factor with battery and SATA drive option. Add in the upgraded ram and it’s a no brainer for me.
By chrisroland Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:14 am
only reason for me to get the Live II would be the extra stereo outputs. smaller footprint of the One is more important than battery or speakers or wifi. but if a MK2 adds disk streaming to the One . . . instant buy for me
By B-Wise Fri Feb 03, 2023 6:53 am
THXjay wrote:I hope this doesn't mean there isn't going to be an X update :(

Come on, you really think whatever this is will the last MPC Akai makes?
By mrmarbury Fri Feb 03, 2023 3:43 pm
B-Wise wrote:
THXjay wrote:I hope this doesn't mean there isn't going to be an X update :(

Come on, you really think whatever this is will the last MPC Akai makes?

Hopefully not! I think that after the big Key61 they might want to continue with something smaller to broaden the customer base and another X mk2/XL/XYZ might be the next after that. There’s also a good chance that people buy the „MPC Two“, like it and upgrade to the X mk2 when it gets released. At least that are my 2ct
By 40Beatz Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:14 pm
This was My Prediction Before...

MPC ONE XL (Best Seller)
then...
MPC LIVE 2XL (with a Tilt Screen lol) that would be Bananas! (2nd Best Selling)
then...
MPC XXL(or something...) (Not Much Sales, But Jammed Pack w/Features)
By kja Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:49 pm
I remember back on the day, companies actually released new products!! They had new features and even new designs!! It was great!!
When did these companies become like phone companies? Spending a grand on anything, much less an electronic instrument, is a big ask. I don't like this new revision stuff every couple years, like you have to upgrade or have the old one.. it is ridiculous. Can't they just make new products?
I want to sell my mpc and go with another company just off of principal, but they also have their claws in from me buying the plug ins, and I'm not gonna deal with trying to sell those, I guess it is just a big loss.. I don't want a old model, but I don't want to support this company either.. damn.. they tricked me good..
I should have went for a s2400, that company actually cares about more then profit.
Do now we're all have to buy the 4gb model of the exact same thing??? C'mon..
By Sir Snaxalot Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:32 am
kja wrote:I remember back on the day, companies actually released new products!! They had new features and even new designs!! It was great!!
When did these companies become like phone companies? Spending a grand on anything, much less an electronic instrument, is a big ask. I don't like this new revision stuff every couple years, like you have to upgrade or have the old one.. it is ridiculous. Can't they just make new products?
I want to sell my mpc and go with another company just off of principal, but they also have their claws in from me buying the plug ins, and I'm not gonna deal with trying to sell those, I guess it is just a big loss.. I don't want a old model, but I don't want to support this company either.. damn.. they tricked me good..
I should have went for a s2400, that company actually cares about more then profit.
Do now we're all have to buy the 4gb model of the exact same thing??? C'mon..

Investing in "ecosystems" is a more profitable business model. Thats exactly what they want; for you to be so invested in the platform that you reconsider ever leaving.
By kidkeitel Sun Feb 05, 2023 1:25 am
our soon to be "old" mpc's won't be able to handle the extra fluff of the newer firmware updates so it looks like 2.10 might be the LAST stable version... forcing us to buy new shit we don't need... at this point, the most headache-free path to Mpc production is with the Mpc studio 2 (or any controller for that matter) and a laptop
By Certified Beatz Sun Feb 05, 2023 6:41 am
So if its a MPC one why are talking about this.. this is true miss in my mind u drop the key61 and now the lowest grade MPC gets a refresh.. wow total miss use ro who have the X .. would snatch onsite.. lower grades for portability makes sense for the 3rd release .. not a namm new bling.. my opinion only.. but 2600 for a new X with onboard usb outs with 16 stereo and 32mono.. add 4gb ram I'm in..
By kja Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:28 am
kidkeitel wrote:our soon to be "old" mpc's won't be able to handle the extra fluff of the newer firmware updates so it looks like 2.10 might be the LAST stable version... forcing us to buy new shit we don't need... at this point, the most headache-free path to Mpc production is with the Mpc studio 2 (or any controller for that matter) and a laptop

Idk.. I mean it is the exact same processor.. just a little more RAM. I just don't see the point.. it will be able to run the exact same stuff, just maybe more if they open up that limitation. I don't even think that is a limitation though. This whole thing just seems really unplanned and ridiculous.. they should have all been 4gb to start with.
By kidkeitel Mon Feb 06, 2023 3:56 am
kja wrote:
kidkeitel wrote:our soon to be "old" mpc's won't be able to handle the extra fluff of the newer firmware updates so it looks like 2.10 might be the LAST stable version... forcing us to buy new shit we don't need... at this point, the most headache-free path to Mpc production is with the Mpc studio 2 (or any controller for that matter) and a laptop

Idk.. I mean it is the exact same processor.. just a little more RAM. I just don't see the point.. it will be able to run the exact same stuff, just maybe more if they open up that limitation. I don't even think that is a limitation though. This whole thing just seems really unplanned and ridiculous.. they should have all been 4gb to start with.

They figure they could get away with skimping out on specs since the option for Controller mode renders your MPC as powerful as the computer you use. Makes sense BUT the real issue is OVER-CHARGING us for aforementioned shit specs and unstable soft/firmware. The MPC X cost as much as MacBook M1 Pro with 16gigs. LET THAT SINK IN.