MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Avasopht Sat Feb 11, 2023 6:15 am
B-Wise wrote:
Lampdog wrote:My BIGGEST gripe with Keys61, 4uccin q links.

They gotta save something for the Keys MK2 - :twisted: Sadistic Marketing 101 never give the buyer what they want especially when it's easily possible, they gotta piss on you, I mean piss you off first & let you get comfortable being uncomfortable then you'll get your reward = buying a new Keys MK2! >>> I see what your plan Akia...Ouch! :shock:

And what sucks is they all sort of do it.

Always one or two key things missing.

Keeping everything medium-warm!

On the other hand, ... ... ... they're more than enough to do what we need.
By MGoolas Sat Feb 11, 2023 2:24 pm
B-Wise wrote:
Lampdog wrote:My BIGGEST gripe with Keys61, 4uccin q links.

They gotta save something for the Keys MK2 - :twisted: Sadistic Marketing 101 never give the buyer what they want especially when it's easily possible, they gotta piss on you, I mean piss you off first & let you get comfortable being uncomfortable then you'll get your reward = buying a new Keys MK2! >>> I see what your plan Akia...Ouch! :shock:

Sometimes I understand the planned hardware limitations, keeping some features for the next iteration but akai likes pulling the same trick for their software too (call me disk streaming and track editor)! Imagine if Microsoft released versions of Windows with different features for different pc systems.
By Avasopht Sat Feb 11, 2023 3:35 pm
I've noticed Amazon has suddenly changed their listing for MPCs.

Until recently, the MPC Live, One and Key61 were all grouped on the same product page, and now they are completely separate and don't seem to have the pay within x-month offer. It looks like they've made a new grouping that will be activated once the product is announced (and fairly soon) ;)
By Gearwacz Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:04 am
MGoolas wrote:Sometimes I understand the planned hardware limitations, keeping some features for the next iteration but akai likes pulling the same trick for their software too (call me disk streaming and track editor)! Imagine if Microsoft released versions of Windows with different features for different pc systems.

I understand what you're saying, but Microsoft actually does this, Windows Server and Windows 10 / 11 have very different prices and feature sets.
By Lampdog Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:51 am
MGoolas wrote: Imagine if Microsoft released versions of Windows with different features for different pc systems.

They do. No need to imagine.
Or was this sarcasm and I missed it,