MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.

What firmware version are you using on your MPC X?

N/A
N/A
67%
33%
By 8ty8 Thu Feb 02, 2023 6:37 pm
Hey Folks,

Trying to get an idea of what the most stable, or most used firmware version is on the MPC X.

So far, my experience has been with 2.8 and then 2.11.6 and 2.11.7, however both versions of 2.11 have many bugs, and I'm not even sure if one is better than the other at this point (typical InMusic)...

I have been thinking of downgrading to 2.11.5, but I wanna hear your thoughts!

I'm assuming most people use the latest firmware version on their MPC, the same way they do with computer OS', but if you chose the 'Other' option -- please post what you're using in this thread, and why (specifically why you did NOT update, or maybe you did and then went back because the bugs were insufferable?).

*Note -- I only included 2.11.5 thru .7 because there are no links to any other 2.11 versions on akai pro.

Hopefully we can learn some interesting data from this poll.

Cheers
By Monotremata Fri Feb 03, 2023 2:07 pm
GeeGee wrote:2.10.1 It. Just. Works. Don't need more plugins, just stability and consistency.

Same here, 2.10 (I started getting odd freezing/crashing in 2.10.1 when it came out).

Pad Perform is too annoying for me being on all the time, have absolutely no interest in any plugin instruments in a 'sampler', the new 'key filters' in Track View made the window so 'bloated' it only fits like 4 tracks on screen now and lost the speedy overview it used to have, and they seem to keep breaking basic MIDI functionality here and there..

2.10 just works for those folks that aren't drooling over the plugins. My audio interface is rock solid, MIDI interface is rock solid, notes all play without cutting themselves off or popping/clicking (remember that one in 2.11?), etc..
By 8ty8 Fri Feb 03, 2023 4:21 pm
Monotremata wrote:
GeeGee wrote:2.10.1 It. Just. Works. Don't need more plugins, just stability and consistency.

Same here, 2.10 (I started getting odd freezing/crashing in 2.10.1 when it came out).

Pad Perform is too annoying for me being on all the time, have absolutely no interest in any plugin instruments in a 'sampler', the new 'key filters' in Track View made the window so 'bloated' it only fits like 4 tracks on screen now and lost the speedy overview it used to have, and they seem to keep breaking basic MIDI functionality here and there..

2.10 just works for those folks that aren't drooling over the plugins. My audio interface is rock solid, MIDI interface is rock solid, notes all play without cutting themselves off or popping/clicking (remember that one in 2.11?), etc..

Interesting -- sounds like I may need to take a look at 2.10 then!

I too don't give a rats ass about plugins and fluff, I would honestly prefer something similar (functionally) to JJOS and how the original MPCs were: Just a SOLID sampler without any plugins and extra fluff. The only other thing I care about are effects.

Thanks for your responses, I am definitely going to try 2.10!