MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By giacecco Fri Feb 03, 2023 11:12 am
When defining MIDI automation for external MIDI devices in a track in MPC X, among all CCs, 7 and 10 are not given as an option. 7 is usually associated to volume, for example.

But when using MIDI Control, you can actually send messages to the forbidden CC 7. When you do, however, my MPC X becomes unresponsive and occasionally I need to force it off. It reminds me of some code falling in a loop. On the device being controlled, I see the corresponding parameter going crazy, as if driven by a fast LFO.

Do you know what is happening there? The workaround is simply to change - on the external MIDI device - 7 to something else, when the option is available, but I am curious to understand what the issue is.

Thanks!

G.
By xonox Sat Feb 04, 2023 3:21 pm
The problems you describe with MIDI Control happen often here. In addition to other problems like recording of midi CCs that stops (excepts for a few glichy CCs that still get recorded) when switching to the mute screen.

Often midi learn stops working in the MIDI Control screen. Or the MPC goes crazy and starts sending loads of CCs like some random and/or fast LFO. It evens manages to lock up some of my other midi devices sometimes. I sometimes reset preferences but i think this functionality is just not stable.

My suggestions is to send Akai a bug report even if they are not good at follow ups.
By Lampdog Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:36 pm
A while back I had emptied the default midi learn folder on mpc x and I even did it again before I attempted the experiment. STILL had issues.