All the latest news from the MPC-Samples network
By MPC-Tutor Fri Feb 03, 2023 7:04 pm

The 1977 Session Kit is our latest acoustic drum it expansion, featuring a fully multisampled 'Premier Elite' drum kit, ready-to-play snapshot kits covering a wide range of genres and a MIDI library packed with grooves and fills.

This is our first expansion to feature drums recorded with up to 12 velocity layers for the most realistic sounding acoustic drum kits ever built for the MPC and Akai Force!

Check out the kit and snapshot demo walkthrough:

The 1977 Session Kit is compatible with any modern MPC including the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC Key, MPC One, Akai Force, MPC Software and the MPC Beats App. Legacy versions of the kits are also provided for MPC1000/2500/500/5000.

Launch Offer: Save 25%, ends 12th February

https://www.mpc-samples.com/product.php ... ssion-kit/
By THXjay Sat Feb 04, 2023 1:24 pm
Added to my collection, thanks for all the dedication Tutor :)

I really think that what the MPC ecosystem needs is to open up more outside the Hip-Hop, Dance genres that it gets pideonholed into. I'm always up for more esoteric instruments and sounds and am hoping that what Akai started with their Strings/Organ/Piano plugins is to keep expanding it with more instruments of the orchestra and jazz bands...maybe even a theremin or other more unusual items!

Looking forward to your next expansion with the marimbas and castanets ;)
By Crumb$ Fri Apr 07, 2023 7:49 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:Wow, thanks for the great feedback everyone!

Year of my birth and also sounds great so I'm buying it, thanks.

Do you mind me asking what your pad sensitivity settings are set to?

Nice one!
By Lancerben Thu Apr 27, 2023 9:08 pm
Crumb$ wrote:
MPC-Tutor wrote:Wow, thanks for the great feedback everyone!

Year of my birth and also sounds great so I'm buying it, thanks.

Do you mind me asking what your pad sensitivity settings are set to?

Nice one!

Haha same here...
I'll raise you on this...

I'm born 7 7 77
And yes I'm lucky, except with my hardware, I always get the bugs (I was born to troubleshoot it seems) :lol:
By DeepBlankSpace Mon May 08, 2023 5:46 am
Is this 12 layers on 1 pad?
Ive been trying to build accoustic kits from sd3 prints at different velocities, and have been looking for a work around on the 4 samples per pad thing.

Either doing multiple pads for snare hard(4 round robin) and snare soft
Or velocity ranges on 1 pad but no round robin
By MPC-Tutor Mon May 08, 2023 6:28 pm
DeepBlankSpace wrote:Is this 12 layers on 1 pad?

Yes, effectively, you only play one pad, but I'm using simultaneous play to trigger 2 other pads as well, that way we get 12 velocity layers.

There's no way to also use round robins with this, the MPC doesn't currently offer any way to combine these.