MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By dwah Sat Feb 04, 2023 7:18 am
Note repeat and arrpegiator working fine when MPC One is master clock, but doesn't work when it is sync'd to MTC. Doesn't play any notes at all, maybe 1 short note. Sync is coming from a Beat Step Pro. Anyone had that? Thanks
By dwah Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:06 pm
Got a jam coming up with a regular collaborator pal. They use an Akai Force, be interesting to see what happens if I send sync to them, see if the note repeat on the Force works. Previously I took sync from the Force into the BSP and then past it onto the MPC One. That didn't work.
By hyena Fri Feb 17, 2023 8:01 am
dwah wrote:Got a jam coming up with a regular collaborator pal. They use an Akai Force, be interesting to see what happens if I send sync to them, see if the note repeat on the Force works. Previously I took sync from the Force into the BSP and then past it onto the MPC One. That didn't work.

you can sync force and mpc via ableton link if they are both on the same network (wifi or lan).
By dwah Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:29 pm
eLuSiVeMiTe wrote:Not come across that

What I suffer with is when note repeat is on any incoming midi triggers it. Regardless of din or Chanel.

That can be fixed, don't have my MPC infront of me right now but in the tracks midi settings you can edit the recieve channel for each track. And the record arm can be set to off so that the Note Repeater/Arp doesn't listen to midi notes coming in.
By dwah Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:33 pm
hyena wrote:
dwah wrote:Got a jam coming up with a regular collaborator pal. They use an Akai Force, be interesting to see what happens if I send sync to them, see if the note repeat on the Force works. Previously I took sync from the Force into the BSP and then past it onto the MPC One. That didn't work.

you can sync force and mpc via ableton link if they are both on the same network (wifi or lan).

Interesting! Sounds like a router is needed? I wonder if this will solve the problem. Last jam we had a jam I took sync via USB from the Force and the Note Repeater didn't work.
By eLuSiVeMiTe Sun Feb 19, 2023 12:57 pm
dwah wrote:
eLuSiVeMiTe wrote:Not come across that

What I suffer with is when note repeat is on any incoming midi triggers it. Regardless of din or Chanel.

That can be fixed, don't have my MPC infront of me right now but in the tracks midi settings you can edit the recieve channel for each track. And the record arm can be set to off so that the Note Repeater/Arp doesn't listen to midi notes coming in.

This was on drum programs with no midi input set. I'm merging a lot of midi though the MPC from a keyboard sequencer to my hardware.

Il see if I can repeat it.
By Certified Beatz Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:28 am
What I suffer with is when note repeat is on any incoming midi triggers it. Regardless of din or Chanel.[/quote]

That can be fixed, don't have my MPC infront of me right now but in the tracks midi settings you can edit the recieve channel for each track. And the record arm can be set to off so that the Note Repeater/Arp doesn't listen to midi notes coming in.[/quote]

This was on drum programs with no midi input set. I'm merging a lot of midi though the MPC from a keyboard sequencer to my hardware.

Il see if I can repeat it.[/quote]

Tap tempo won't work either..
By dwah Mon Mar 27, 2023 9:17 pm
hyena wrote:great, really glad it worked.

Got a new conundrum! I need sync with a DAW and the ONE/Force setup. I can send clock to the DAW from the ONE via a Digitakt slaved to the ONE but that's not useful when punching in and out at different points in the arrangement. With midi clock the DAW always starts at the beginning of the arrangement. Looks like the DAW will need to be master. MTC is out as the Beat Step Pro slaved to the ONE only receives clock. Let's see how we get on with Ableton Link when the ONE is slaved and whether the arpeggiator will work. It's ironic but most of the time I spend on digital devices is about getting them to work and most of the time I spend making music is when I'm using my analog gear. One just presses the keys and turns the knobs, the controls are always in the same place and it always works! :)