MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By DonnieBoon Tue Feb 07, 2023 5:01 pm
My friend recently bought an mpc live 2 after being so impressed by my mpc live.
I would like to simply clock sync the two units. Making one master and one slave.
I have also had the same issue with jamming with octatrack mk2.
Anyone cool enough to help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!!!
By Patientrichard Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:58 pm
Midi out to midi in?
Checked the midi preferences on the one you want as master and the one you want as slave?
What do they say?

What happens when you try to sync?

I own the OT and mpc, so can likely help, but need more details.
By DonnieBoon Wed Mar 08, 2023 5:42 pm
What I get is program message changes like start and stop or note changes even.
Is there a way to filter only to receive clock, and if I’m going to set the MPC as the slave, I find that in MIDI preferences right?
By jamos Wed Mar 08, 2023 6:24 pm
Well, first, bear in mind that start, start, and note messages are not program change messages. If you don't distinguish between all those things, your not going to understand the problem. Second, you can't separate start/stop from clock, they're all part of the same message set. When you stop one mpc, the other will stop. Finally, it's not a matter of filtering the messages, but making sure the various tracks don't respond to them. For some incomprehensible reason, tracks in the MPC always default to all ports for their inputs. So all you need to do is change the input port to none, and the track will ignore all incoming Channel messages.
By hyena Fri Mar 10, 2023 12:52 pm
use ableton link over wifi to clock the two mpc's and send midi clock from one of the two mpc's to the OT. i use ableton link mainly to record in grid the mpc and other synths in ableton live, the mpc is synced over wifi with ableton live via ableton link, then i clock my eurorack system with midi clock from one midi out of the mpc to a midi\cv interface on the modular. no issues so far.