MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By QGrim Tue Feb 07, 2023 9:33 pm
Hello everyone. :Sigh:

I failed to do my research prior to experimenting with my MPC ONE and as a result I have completely filled up my internal storage. Online I only see people warning others not do this, with no explanation on how to troubleshoot the issue if it happens.

For reference, when I go to my internal storage, then go to expansions, i have about 2000 items in the folder. Are these supposed to be here or should they have been saved to my SD?

If anyone has any advice on what I should do it would be much appreciated.
By Lampdog Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:11 pm
Have you been saving things to the internal card? Those things need to be saved to external SD card / usb stick instead.

Make sure you ONLY delete your created projects on the internal card. Don't delete anything else as the default structure is important. You CAN safely delete your own NEW saved data that wasn't part of the defaults.

By EnochLight Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:32 pm
QGrim wrote:Hello everyone. :Sigh:

I failed to do my research prior to experimenting with my MPC ONE and as a result I have completely filled up my internal storage. Online I only see people warning others not do this, with no explanation on how to troubleshoot the issue if it happens.

For reference, when I go to my internal storage, then go to expansions, i have about 2000 items in the folder. Are these supposed to be here or should they have been saved to my SD?

If anyone has any advice on what I should do it would be much appreciated.

What Lampdog said. Also, the Expansions installed are fine, as you can't install Expansions on the Internal Storage anyway (unless you've been forcing them on). These are all Factory Content, so do *NOT* delete any of that. Check your user samples and Project, as well as the folder for MIDI learn and delete those. The MIDI learn folder is a common culprit for filling up with tens of thousands of junk files which can fill your factory Internal Storage up.
By 40Beatz Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:07 pm
1st thing...Deactivate the Hidden Folders Tab on the Browser. That way you can see Project Files that you thought were deleted, not deleted.

2nd...ONLY delete Projects that YOU saved on the Internal Drive. DO NOT DELETE Pre-Loaded content like Samples and Expansions, etc

That should free up some space. There's NOT much additional space to start with. That's why we recommend NOT saving ANYTHING to the Internal Drive,.
By EnochLight Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:50 pm
40Beatz wrote:1st thing...Deactivate the Hidden Folders Tab on the Browser. That way you can see Project Files that you thought were deleted, not deleted.

:worthy: :worthy: :worthy: