MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By noelcampbelljnr Wed Feb 22, 2023 8:14 pm
Hanky3 wrote:Image

Great mockup if only it was real. I'd buy for sure.

Still no word about the Mini. Starting to feel it may not be real. But does show an interest in a more compact live. Which hopefully Akai will take note of
By mpc_fan_2022 Wed Feb 22, 2023 9:26 pm
Still no word about the Mini. Starting to feel it may not be real. But does show an interest in a more compact live. Which hopefully Akai will take note of

The only person that claims there is a MPC Live mini is some guy on youtube nobody has ever heard about. I wouldn't take that seriously at first place.
By Certified Beatz Wed Feb 22, 2023 10:29 pm
mpc_fan_2022 wrote:

The only person that claims there is a MPC Live mini is some guy on youtube nobody has ever heard about. I wouldn't take that seriously at first place.

So the live 2 is small now a live mini who going to use it a toddler...
By Tappinaway Thu Feb 23, 2023 3:22 am
After messing with an OP1 & OPz for a while, I really hoped for a mini-sized MPC!

...I'm not gonna get my hopes up now though!
By jpeg Thu Feb 23, 2023 10:37 am
maybe the live mini will run a cut down version of the mpc force software? as why develop a whole new software, I think its a good idea as long as they get the software features right as many people dont need all the features that are present in the full mpc software
By MPC-Tutor Thu Feb 23, 2023 11:08 am
If this thing does even exist as claimed, it's possibly going to be something entirely developed by a third party, like the iMPC app was, so probably not running a scaled down version of the MPC software, just a different software developed and maintained by that third party. Maybe it will be an existing product from that third party that's been tweaked and re-branded. I can't imagine Akai having the resources to develop an off-shot ecosystem, they'll just outsource it to someone else who already has it all up and running.
By mrmarbury Thu Feb 23, 2023 12:50 pm
Maybe it's the rumoured for years standalone Push 3 ... especially with the 8x8 grid :lol:
I always wondered why Akai developed push 1 and with this knowledge didn't get the Force to be somewhat more Ableton live compatible.
By johnnytravels Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:30 pm
A portable battery powered version of the MPC would actually be my dream device.

Everything is already in the software, all we need is sufficient buttons and a small and informative LCD (which I think should be a little bigger than the one on the new Studio controller, although that is perhaps the form factor it’s going to come in).
By inflict3 Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:40 pm
It’s too bad they couldn’t have added lazy chop or slice a sample in equal parts to the mpc500 os in an update, shit, I don’t even care about a touch screen… what would be dope is if they hired the dev for Koala or the old dev of BM3 to write the os, if that was the case I would cop that ish with no questions asked :worthy:
By noelcampbelljnr Thu Feb 23, 2023 4:14 pm
inflict3 wrote:It’s too bad they couldn’t have added lazy chop or slice a sample in equal parts to the mpc500 os in an update, shit, I don’t even care about a touch screen… what would be dope is if they hired the dev for Koala or the old dev of BM3 to write the os, if that was the case I would cop that ish with no questions asked :worthy:

Koala in MPC hardware would be incredible. I am a huge fan of Koala both products together would mesh well....however it might be a steep price hike for the hardware of a very affordable app.

I wonder if Padpusher actually saw a new product or if it was a hack MPC you sometimes see online were tech wizards are able to run Force on MPC Live etc
By jpeg Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:49 pm
jpeg wrote:maybe the live mini will run a cut down version of the mpc force software? as why develop a whole new software, I think its a good idea as long as they get the software features right as many people dont need all the features that are present in the full mpc software

opps made this post without seing the live mini schematic posted; and think it will sell very well as a cut done version of the focrce merged with mpc form factor
By TT_Lab Thu Feb 23, 2023 5:54 pm
That is not the Live Mini, is a mockup created by a user of elektronauts. Quoting the source martin01 "Sorry, no. It’s not a leak. I created it. I have the Akai Force and tried to imagine an MPC-style form factor of the Force. The height of the pads is equal to the Force’s pads. The width is 2/3."
By jpeg Sat Feb 25, 2023 12:08 am
johnnytravels wrote:A portable battery powered version of the MPC would actually be my dream device.

Everything is already in the software, all we need is sufficient buttons and a small and informative LCD (which I think should be a little bigger than the one on the new Studio controller, although that is perhaps the form factor it’s going to come in).

what r u on about? it already exists
By zangetsu01 Sat Feb 25, 2023 4:28 am
jpeg wrote:
johnnytravels wrote:A portable battery powered version of the MPC would actually be my dream device.

what r u on about? it already exists

Yeah not sure if he was being sarcastic.. :lol: