MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Juxx Sat Feb 25, 2023 11:20 am
what r u on about? it already exists[/quote]

Yeah not sure if he was being sarcastic.. :lol:[/quote]

I took his question to mean: "Bruh There is MPC LIve 2 that does everything you asking for."
By LivePsy Sun Feb 26, 2023 9:23 pm
There are 3 types of MPC user

MPC X This is the true MPC. GTFO pretenders.
MPC One Why no battery? Why no speakers?
MPC LIVE II *coughs*
By Ultros Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:10 am
And there is 3 types of suckers out there. those who want to pay a little, those who want to pay a little more and those who want to pay alot.. using the mpc one hasnt held me back from doing anything its still and mpc. the fact that sceners still have this logic that they get more or a better product for more money is hysterical to me because it points out who doesnt understand the device they are using.

MPC buyers get bamboozled because inMusic knows there are suckers juuuuust like this who are willing to drop extra for crap they dont need or that isnt worth thousands more.

How many of you MPC key users who already had an MPC didnt feel remorse about the 3500 dollar purchase? Be honest... you guys know what your money is worth and that the "top tier" is a sham.
By 40Beatz Mon Feb 27, 2023 3:05 pm
Ultros wrote:And there is 3 types of suckers out there. those who want to pay a little, those who want to pay a little more and those who want to pay alot.. using the mpc one hasnt held me back from doing anything its still and mpc. the fact that sceners still have this logic that they get more or a better product for more money is hysterical to me because it points out who doesnt understand the device they are using.

MPC buyers get bamboozled because inMusic knows there are suckers juuuuust like this who are willing to drop extra for crap they dont need or that isnt worth thousands more.

How many of you MPC key users who already had an MPC didnt feel remorse about the 3500 dollar purchase? Be honest... you guys know what your money is worth and that the "top tier" is a sham.

You do have a Valid Point to some of these statements. But....Paying a lil bit more does give you more Hardware Features. Yea...We don't NEED the Extra Hardware Features, but its nice to have. That's what EVERYTHING in Life is based on.

If I want more Rooms in a House, I pay more.
If I want More Gadgets on a Car, I pay more.
If I want a PhD in College, I pay more.
If I want Lettuce on my Chicken Sandwich, I pay more.

It's The American Dream. Life is a Sham :lol: We're All Suckers To A Degree
By Ultros Mon Feb 27, 2023 4:59 pm
LOL Dont mind me I was outta smokes for 15 hours.. no smokes makes ultros a dull boy. You're right though, that's the nature of capitalism.
By eLuSiVeMiTe Mon Feb 27, 2023 5:36 pm
Ultros wrote:And there is 3 types of suckers out there. those who want to pay a little, those who want to pay a little more and those who want to pay alot.. using the mpc one hasnt held me back from doing anything its still and mpc. the fact that sceners still have this logic that they get more or a better product for more money is hysterical to me because it points out who doesnt understand the device they are using.

The X was worth the premium to me. The extra keys. The q links the bigger screen.

I may add a live this year for portability but I wouldn't sell the X.

I've watched plenty of videos of people using the live and have no regrets.
By Ultros Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:49 pm
awesome if you'll pay 1500 - 2000 more for qlinks and a screen of no greater resolution maybe you'd like to buy some swamp land in florida. premium investment in a sunny warm place.
By eLuSiVeMiTe Mon Feb 27, 2023 6:55 pm
Ultros wrote:awesome if you'll pay 1500 - 2000 more for qlinks and a screen of no greater resolution maybe you'd like to buy some swamp land in florida. premium investment in a sunny warm place.

Lol no.

UK live 2. £900 X £1250

Your maths is a bit off.

£350 for the extra io interface and screen.

Will I update to the possible XL for extra ram. Nope.
By kidkeitel Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:28 pm
I used to hate on the Mpc live but that form factor makes more sense the more i use it. It was a roger linn design rip afterall. wouldve been perfect with a dedicated program edit button tho. I see they tried to please us with the new costum menu on the left.. Decent alternative so its probably not happening.

A smaller live with the mpcone pads, a few more buttons would be stupid ill tho..word

Mpcone still the most fluid of them all.

prog edit gang.
By 40Beatz Mon Feb 27, 2023 8:57 pm
If Akai can cut cost on the manufacturing/Design, Then Skyrocketing Sales will make CENTS
By LivePsy Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:16 pm
kidkeitel wrote:I used to hate on the Mpc live but that form factor makes more sense the more i use it. It was a roger linn design rip afterall. wouldve been perfect with a dedicated program edit button tho. I see they tried to please us with the new costum menu on the left.. Decent alternative so its probably not happening.

A smaller live with the mpcone pads, a few more buttons would be stupid ill tho..word

prog edit gang.

I'm in Program Edit mode all the time. What the hell were they thinking?
By kidkeitel Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:30 pm
Oh yeah almost forgot the rubber buttons need to go, i returned my live 2 retro for that reason alone, kept having to re-press to register.... need that hard plastic, but that could just be me being used to old gear who knows
By eLuSiVeMiTe Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:40 pm
LivePsy wrote:
kidkeitel wrote:I used to hate on the Mpc live but that form factor makes more sense the more i use it. It was a roger linn design rip afterall. wouldve been perfect with a dedicated program edit button tho. I see they tried to please us with the new costum menu on the left.. Decent alternative so its probably not happening.

prog edit gang.

I'm in Program Edit mode all the time. What the hell were they thinking?

Wish I could re-assign shortcut buttons on the X.
I'm in grid mode all the time. But rarely in the mixer as I work more with hardware
By Monotremata Mon Feb 27, 2023 9:55 pm
kidkeitel wrote:I used to hate on the Mpc live but that form factor makes more sense the more i use it. It was a roger linn design rip afterall.

If only it had a built in screen...
By kidkeitel Mon Feb 27, 2023 10:23 pm
Monotremata wrote:
kidkeitel wrote:I used to hate on the Mpc live but that form factor makes more sense the more i use it. It was a roger linn design rip afterall.

If only it had a built in screen...

That old thing prob has a program edit button. :lol: