MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By noelcampbelljnr Mon Feb 20, 2023 1:11 pm
Padpusher on his YouTube channel has stated that he has had sight of a new MPC Live Mini that is dropping this year which is being developed in conjunction with a 3rd Party not just Akai alone and will not be a controller and will not run on MPC software.

Some posts suggest Serato and other suggest other software. Any insights or rumours about it?
By Patientrichard Mon Feb 20, 2023 5:40 pm
Have you registered just to post this? Are you said YouTuber generating traffic with click bait topics?

Fwiw there's been discussion on the beta program forum for Dennon and there was talk of Prime eventually being ported to mpc os.

Same umbrella company, but I guess you could call them a separate company.
By noelcampbelljnr Mon Feb 20, 2023 7:19 pm
I am not a YouTuber. Im a musician who uses MPC Live and SP404mk2. I saw the post on "Kowalski Padpusher" YouTube page. It interests me. I love the MPC Live and would be really interested in a similar form factor to my SP404 for live. I couldn't find any information about it online anywhere. So thought I would try here.
By MPC-Tutor Mon Feb 20, 2023 8:53 pm
noelcampbelljnr wrote:seems like with all the other leaks there would be something about a mini MPC live

The other leaks ultimately come from FCC filings made by inMusic, as they have to submit test reports for any product containing wireless/bluetooth etc. Many people have an alert set up whenever inMusic files something. If the Live mini does exist, it might not have wireless or bluetooth, or it's made by a different company (as suggested in the video) so wouldn't come up on an inMusic FCC alert.
By hubertoef Mon Feb 20, 2023 11:29 pm
I watched the video, in which no evidence whatsoever is presented, other than him saying: “I saw something on the internet”. That Padpusher guy makes all sorts of claims regarding specs and functionality. When I asked in the comments how he knew all this, he said he saw a video and picture, and that the product is already up on some third party producer website. He is not saying which website or company, and not sharing any of the materials he claims to have seen. He said that it would “ruin the surprise” or something. Totally vague and evasive.

This leads me to believe that the guy is either a troll or lying to draw traffic to his channel. Whichever it is, it seems to be working, because I have seen multiple YouTubers and bloggers with larger audiences giving him a mention.
By TT_Lab Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:11 am
I think kowalski is a user here, maybe he can clarify. Althou it is clickbaity AF
By Certified Beatz Tue Feb 21, 2023 5:26 am
TT_Lab wrote:I think kowalski is a user here, maybe he can clarify. Althou it is clickbaity AF

Well I won't say trolling .. please give it time u don't know what they have or don't have... just me..
By TT_Lab Tue Feb 21, 2023 9:27 am
Certified Beatz wrote:
TT_Lab wrote:I think kowalski is a user here, maybe he can clarify. Althou it is clickbaity AF

Well I won't say trolling .. please give it time u don't know what they have or don't have... just me..

I{ guess that is sarcasm? Quite difficult to say from a written forum :lol:
By hubertoef Tue Feb 21, 2023 12:18 pm
Certified Beatz wrote:

Indeed, nobody knows what he has, because he's not sharing anything to support his claims. Until he does, I think it is best to treat this information as what it is: an unfounded rumor.
By alexbuga Tue Feb 21, 2023 1:58 pm
Don't know about you guys but I had an MPC 500 for a while and was super stoked that MPC One could open its projects.

So if they come up with a MPC Live Mini I'm game!
Honestly I've dreamt for a while for a standalone MPC Studio (the blue screen one). So yeah. +++ from me!
By Hanky3 Tue Feb 21, 2023 10:13 pm
A bit far fetched,... but maybe it's a new smaller version of the Akai Force, but in a MPC Live size format.

Could be using the same keypad as the APC mini 2... Could explain the hint why it's "not running MPC software"
Would be great if it was that.!
By robleighton22 Wed Feb 22, 2023 12:46 am
That would be pretty sick actually and makes a lot of sense. Only negative would be the qlinks being a lesser experience but guess that same as X vs Live.