MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Monotremata Tue Feb 28, 2023 2:08 am
kidkeitel wrote:That old thing prob has a program edit button. :lol:

Damn I can't zoom in enough to read the buttons before it starts getting pixelated hah.

It looks like they never even finished the one prototype, but check out the back of it heh.
By Lampdog Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:03 am
There’s no button that says “Program Edit”.
By Juxx Tue Feb 28, 2023 3:37 am
Wow Not only did they Kick Linn out and deny him cut of the MCPs royalties he earned. 20 years later they go back to the 80's a jack him again... with the touch/Live format. :WTF: :WTF: :WTF:
By GoodTimeAlliance Thu Mar 02, 2023 11:44 am
Just a wanna be musician hobbyist here and proud user of an MPC ONE.

I bought my MPC mainly because I spend a lot of time away from home/my studio and tried traveling with laptop/controller/audio interface rig but found after a long day at work I just never got round to getting it all out of my bag.... Too much like hard work. I needed something quick to setup that I would use more often and was alltogether a more relaxing, fun experience.

The MPC one is VERY good for this but still is quite cumbersomme to carry with me at all times which was the original plan.

I have often thought an MPC ONE MK 2 would be perfect for me if it was basically exactly the same but slimmer. Prefferably with retractable knobs that push in to become flush with the surface of the MPC when not in use making it much easier to slip in and out of my standard laptop rucksack. This I feel would be my perfect travel music production companion.

Of course one would expect an updated CPU, more ram too!!
Oh and deffinitely a battery.

Supreme thanks to all

CRGxxx
By Lampdog Thu Mar 02, 2023 1:47 pm
I use my ipad and Beatmaker 3 when traveling. Tapping on glass, lack of physical buttons, knobs, sliders bothers many people, doesn’t bother me at all. It’s an alternative though.
By jpeg Thu Mar 02, 2023 3:51 pm
GoodTimeAlliance wrote:Just a wanna be musician hobbyist here and proud user of an MPC ONE.

I bought my MPC mainly because I spend a lot of time away from home/my studio and tried traveling with laptop/controller/audio interface rig but found after a long day at work I just never got round to getting it all out of my bag.... Too much like hard work. I needed something quick to setup that I would use more often and was alltogether a more relaxing, fun experience.

The MPC one is VERY good for this but still is quite cumbersomme to carry with me at all times which was the original plan.

I have often thought an MPC ONE MK 2 would be perfect for me if it was basically exactly the same but slimmer. Prefferably with retractable knobs that push in to become flush with the surface of the MPC when not in use making it much easier to slip in and out of my standard laptop rucksack. This I feel would be my perfect travel music production companion.

Of course one would expect an updated CPU, more ram too!!
Oh and deffinitely a battery.

Supreme thanks to all

CRGxxx

again if u have seen the orginal mpc studio; its ounds like what ur describing this was the perfect design and form factor; they just needed to add a phone battery in there; and a mpc live screen and that would be the perfect portable mpc
By kidkeitel Thu Mar 02, 2023 6:48 pm
Koala sampler is the most intuitive and fun sampler for ios/android.

Dont sleep.
By Planemo Fri Mar 03, 2023 6:44 am
Lampdog wrote:I use my ipad and Beatmaker 3 when traveling. Tapping on glass, lack of physical buttons, knobs, sliders bothers many people, doesn’t bother me at all. It’s an alternative though.

I agree, some of the mobile apps are really rather good and can help you get your 'fix' when theres no other option. I have spent a fair bit of time with Fruity Loops mobile (on Android - S9) and I rate it highly. Would be even better on a tablet.
By johnnytravels Fri Mar 03, 2023 9:57 am
jpeg wrote:again if u have seen the orginal mpc studio; its ounds like what ur describing this was the perfect design and form factor; they just needed to add a phone battery in there; and a mpc live screen and that would be the perfect portable mpc

That’s what I’m talking about. I wouldn’t even need the touchscreen.
By kejlabal Fri Mar 03, 2023 10:51 am
Loved my MPC Studio, had all the shortcuts buttons for everything.
Retractable Qlinks will be Fragile for a so mobile solution no ?
By MPC-Tutor Fri Mar 03, 2023 11:48 am
I personally had no major issue with the flat Q-links, but they were a bit clumsy compared to 'proper' qlinks. But I can see why they went for the flat versions, the whole unit was very portable and could slip into the laptop compartment on a rucksack. Ultimately I'd rather have the flat ones than none at all, like they did on the (mostly awful) Studio Mk 2.
By hansjbs Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:17 pm
Lampdog wrote:I use my ipad and Beatmaker 3 when traveling. Tapping on glass, lack of physical buttons, knobs, sliders bothers many people, doesn’t bother me at all. It’s an alternative though.

This man right here knows what he;s talking about. I use BM3 every day for music, more than my MPC :lol: .
By jpeg Fri Mar 03, 2023 1:34 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:The original MPC Studio was great in terms of the size and thin form factor, but we did really moan about the flat Q-links. So they fixed that with the black edition, but then people complained that it wasn't as thin. :lol:

Actually, didn't someone mention 'retractable' q-links the other day?

mpc studio was stylistically and portability wise was one of the best units; all they had to do was add a 5000mah bphone bettery in there and a usb c cable and then add the flip up colour touch screen and they would have another amazing selling unit
By alexbuga Fri Mar 03, 2023 8:57 pm
I had the MPC Studio MK1, never upgraded to 2, but I liked the design of the 2 better. All black.
If I would've choosed between portability & ruggedness vs usability, I would choose the flat knobs & data wheel. Especially since they put a teflon capsule beneath them so they wouldn't wobble when you push & twist. IT had a very smart design.