MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Juxx Sat Mar 04, 2023 8:58 am
Is it a good thing that when you pull your "new" to you MPCX it gives you a contact buzz?

Is it good that when using it main button it has to be pressed 2-4 times cuz it has so much resin stuck too it?

Is it a good thing that after using it for 5 min you can taste dank in your throat and after 20 min you start to get a headache?

Its a serious question... Like a Seasoned "Broken IN" Wok has more value than a new one. :wink:

its from a NY area Guitar Center so I writing this fan fic in my head some high tier shit come out of it in its possible 7 year life span. Maybe the Resin makes it hit harder.

Yesus Chirst :lol: :lol: :lol:

Problems:

[list=] The Record button is completely broken.

Both the Record and Overdub Lights are broken.

Main Button and Program Edit not very responsive

When you Change pads to color White it looks like brown

About 6 of the qlink screens have major old school burn in
(like staying on the same screen way to long)

Previously mentioned Environmental Hazard [/list]

This was Supposedly in "Great" Condition do these people even test these things before selling them?
I paid $1000+ an alleged 5 year warranty

Sometimes you can call and complain they will they will $100 to $300 of if you convincing enough. but no rec button? even If I could talk them down to $700 I don't want a broken machine.
I got 14 days to figure it out. :hmmm: :nod: :hmmm: :nod:

(BTW Although I am in Honeymoon period... if still on the fence a X is a Nice Step up from the Live 2 if you don't care about portability WOW)
By Lampdog Sat Mar 04, 2023 9:15 am
If I saw all that pre-purchase I wouldn’t buy it.
I first bought a used X on Reverb, video went out after 4 months. Touch, everything else works perfectly fine. I bought a brand new X from Sweetwater, haven’t had problems since.
By kja Sat Mar 04, 2023 4:56 pm
So you bought some raggety mpc from guitar center that was obviously not taken care of, and now you are mad? Guitar center used stuff is the worst.. but from a proper store.. Any mpc generation would have broke too if you treat it like crap.
By eLuSiVeMiTe Sat Mar 04, 2023 5:26 pm
Juxx wrote:Is it a good thing that when you pull your "new" to you MPCX it gives you a contact buzz?

Is it good that when using it main button it has to be pressed 2-4 times cuz it has so much resin stuck too it?

Is it a good thing that after using it for 5 min you can taste dank in your throat and after 20 min you start to get a headache?

Its a serious question... Like a Seasoned "Broken IN" Wok has more value than a new one. :wink:

its from a NY area Guitar Center so I writing this fan fic in my head some high tier shit come out of it in its possible 7 year life span. Maybe the Resin makes it hit harder.

Yesus Chirst :lol: :lol: :lol:

Problems:

[list=] The Record button is completely broken.

Both the Record and Overdub Lights are broken.

Main Button and Program Edit not very responsive

When you Change pads to color White it looks like brown

About 6 of the qlink screens have major old school burn in
(like staying on the same screen way to long)

Previously mentioned Environmental Hazard [/list]

This was Supposedly in "Great" Condition do these people even test these things before selling them?
I paid $1000+ an alleged 5 year warranty

Sometimes you can call and complain they will they will $100 to $300 of if you convincing enough. but no rec button? even If I could talk them down to $700 I don't want a broken machine.
I got 14 days to figure it out. :hmmm: :nod: :hmmm: :nod:

(BTW Although I am in Honeymoon period... if still on the fence a X is a Nice Step up from the Live 2 if you don't care about portability WOW)

What's to figure out.
Send that POS back.
By Juxx Sat Apr 01, 2023 11:12 pm
FO REAL, FO Real The Search continues.

Is there any known way to Decipher and figure out the manufacture Date of the Modern MPCs by Reading the Serial# or the other stickers.... I have a Serial# and a 2nd sticker that starts with IBM *** *** ** ** On my Live 2 Retro

I know I had to open up a New Numark DJ controller last year and it had inspection dates all over the inside.
By Lampdog Sun Apr 02, 2023 12:15 am
I opened and mpc x once but I was focused on video problems, not checking dates and I don’t recall/remember any dates on parts.
By 40Beatz Mon Apr 03, 2023 1:46 pm
Most of the Circuit Boards inside have Manufacturer Dates stamped on them. (2017,2018.....) Only problem with that is...there's multiple Boards inside with different years. Almost like InMusic , Frankenstein'd Every Model of MPC and Force :lol:

The ONE, and Live2 have Newer Frankenstein Parts inside tho :lol: