MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By The KikGen Tue Dec 20, 2022 3:20 pm
While exploring the last Force 3.2 image update from Akai, someone from the Mpc live X and Force hacking modding custom group found a shell script containing an "ACV5S" hardware id in front of "MPC XL" label. There are also similar traces in the latest Akai images header. So it seems that a new MPC x is about to be released soon, maybe with larger screen, more pads, more knobs, more memory, more etc... to be a XL one !

https://github.com/TheKikGen/MPC-LiveXplore/blob/master/README.md#mpc-xl---code-name-acv5s---a-new-mpc-x-for-soon-2022-12-20
By Ultros Tue Dec 20, 2022 7:18 pm
The XL i am fairly confident will be a real thing. It's been referenced in the rom since 2.11, first reference was in their june 23rd release.

It also has its in uniqe id stuff for the device tree binary stuff too.

The rom is already ready to go for the "mpc xl" it has all the correct things in place that if we had a unit we could download a current rom and install it. We just dont have the hardware yet.

The fact they have set up all the scripts and dtb for the XL is a decent indicator its real. They didnt do that for the ACVK force 6.
By Certified Beatz Wed Dec 21, 2022 4:02 am
Where can I put it I love my X well I think I know move my MPC 2000 and 3000 that just collect dust and put then in a case somewhere in my basement lol

But thinking a little deeper this sounds like MPC2000 to XL to 2500 meaning a larger version of the one .. my opinion..
By EnochLight Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:28 pm
MPC-Tutor wrote:The existing (7 year old?) MPC X model is already effectively retro these days! Let's face it, we're in a world where people are now referring to the MPC1000 as a 'vintage' sampler :Sigh:

It's 20 years old as of next year, so... they're not wrong. :lol:
By cocosushi Wed Dec 21, 2022 3:37 pm
EnochLight wrote:
MPC-Tutor wrote:The existing (7 year old?) MPC X model is already effectively retro these days! Let's face it, we're in a world where people are now referring to the MPC1000 as a 'vintage' sampler :Sigh:

It's 20 years old as of next year, so... they're not wrong. :lol:

Right , so from now on I will call all ppl in their 20ies " vintage" :nod: