MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Komatos Records Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:36 pm
If Akai were to implement a subscription service it would probably be for their paid DLC content, including expansions and new synths/effects. And just like Microsoft with Office 365, when your subscription runs out and you don’t renew it, you lose access to those features. No thank you. Just a way for them to make ongoing guaranteed money.
By eLuSiVeMiTe Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:45 pm
Komatos Records wrote:If Akai were to implement a subscription service it would probably be for their paid DLC content, including expansions and new synths/effects. And just like Microsoft with Office 365, when your subscription runs out and you don’t renew it, you lose access to those features. No thank you. Just a way for them to make ongoing guaranteed money.

I concur. Subs are for mugs.
By zangetsu01 Mon Feb 13, 2023 8:34 pm
The only new entry on the FCC site is most likely only for a new MPC One. So even if there are signs or traces of new MPC's in the software it won't be launched anytime soon. (I think..)
By TT_Lab Tue Feb 14, 2023 12:56 am
LivePsy wrote:Pull out your old 1000 or 2000 and clear your head with basic sampling. Reignite the fun in sampling. I think the clever features and the DAW features take you away from fun.

:worthy:
By Fess Tue Feb 14, 2023 2:53 pm
HouseWithoutMouse wrote:
jpeg wrote:what would people be subsribing to exactly?

I hope they wouldn't. But if you want ideas, things that the mobile chip can't handle like neural network based vocal/guitar/bass/drums extraction, mastering. Composing tools, music mashing, stuff that needs a server cluster to run.

AI in music production...

-The easy road to wack shit for lazy, unskilled, untalented hacks.

Greatness only comes from mastering your craft and it can't be rushed.
Greatness demands great sacrifice (no, not referring to 'selling your soul' nonsense)
Being good at something is a far cry from being great at something.

Dare to be great.
By MGoolas Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:02 pm
Mpc fans are the only group of users in the world where in the same breath they praise mpc 3000 as the best mpc ever and then they ask for mpcs with 16gb ram, hdmi outs and AI \ subscription services
By Lampdog Tue Feb 14, 2023 3:12 pm
TT_Lab wrote:
LivePsy wrote:Pull out your old 1000 or 2000 and clear your head with basic sampling. Reignite the fun in sampling. I think the clever features and the DAW features take you away from fun.

:worthy:

The basics can be done on MPC X also.
By Monotremata Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:18 pm
Lampdog wrote:The basics can be done on MPC X also.

Just ignore half the OS and you can get straight to the point and create! As much as I dislike the way its gone, if I ignore all the 'crap', its still the fastest way to get work done.
By MGoolas Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:23 pm
Really depends what kind of music you are making really. The new mpcs have spoiled me so much that I spend up making Techno and sound design all day in the box. Something that I couldn't do on my mpc 1000
By 83dude Tue Feb 14, 2023 4:28 pm
MGoolas wrote:Mpc fans are the only group of users in the world where in the same breath they praise mpc 3000 as the best mpc ever and then they ask for mpcs with 16gb ram, hdmi outs and AI \ subscription services

THIS!

Thanks, this really made me chuckle. :worthy:
By jpeg Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:15 pm
MGoolas wrote:Mpc fans are the only group of users in the world where in the same breath they praise mpc 3000 as the best mpc ever and then they ask for mpcs with 16gb ram, hdmi outs and AI \ subscription services

the things that made the 3k great was the sound; the filter and how it looked