MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Lampdog Tue Feb 14, 2023 5:59 pm
Monotremata wrote:
Lampdog wrote:The basics can be done on MPC X also.

Just ignore half the OS and you can get straight to the point and create! As much as I dislike the way its gone, if I ignore all the 'crap', its still the fastest way to get work done.

By eLuSiVeMiTe Tue Feb 14, 2023 6:59 pm
Monotremata wrote:

Just ignore half the OS and you can get straight to the point and create! As much as I dislike the way its gone, if I ignore all the 'crap', its still the fastest way to get work done.

6 weeks in and I'm finding my muscle memory.
Nearly as quick as I am on the 1k now.
Just wish the grid could be navigated with the wheel and arrows and step enter pads.
I won't use half its features but the ones I do use make it a worthwhile addition.
By TT_Lab Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:14 pm

I would love them to improve on and over those basics without aiming to transform the system into a computer/DAW, that's all. IMO there is nothing innovative in cloning a DAW in an MPC, but modernizing the worlkflow (Not feature requesting, but for instance Disk Streaming could be one of those improvements). That could be innovative. They've already done part of that modernizing innovation work, the way the sampling works in the modern MPC (ie Pad Params and No destructive) is godly in comparison to older models. I also welcome the USB connectivity etc...But you know
By Lampdog Tue Feb 14, 2023 8:51 pm
Yeah I’m not cool with having mpc’s dive TOO far into the daw world either.

I feel ALL of that though, agree with it all.
By high198 Wed Feb 15, 2023 12:23 am
Lampdog wrote:Yeah I’m not cool with having mpc’s dive TOO far into the daw world either.

I feel ALL of that though, agree with it all.

You’re not going to be very happy……
By Ill-Green Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:07 am
The new SampleKingz video confirms an "MPC LIVE-Mini" saying it was a white and black little device and will not run the MPC 3 software. Also, that its build form will resemble the Live, but as a 5"x3" little guy.

I am guessing this Mini would run the 2000XL OS but revamped and remixed for touchscreen.
By hyena Fri Feb 17, 2023 7:57 am
eLuSiVeMiTe wrote:
6 weeks in and I'm finding my muscle memory.
Nearly as quick as I am on the 1k now.
Just wish the grid could be navigated with the wheel and arrows and step enter pads.
I won't use half its features but the ones I do use make it a worthwhile addition.

amen. i made that feature request some time ago, really hope someone will listen to it sooner or later. step enter pads while sequencer is stopped is great in some circumstances.
By MGoolas Fri Feb 17, 2023 1:25 pm
Ill-Green wrote:The new SampleKingz video confirms an "MPC LIVE-Mini" saying it was a white and black little device and will not run the MPC 3 software. Also, that its build form will resemble the Live, but as a 5"x3" little guy.

I am guessing this Mini would run the 2000XL OS but revamped and remixed for touchscreen.

Sounds like akai is trying to eat Roland's lunch.
Lmao, imagine if the mpc live mini gets disk streaming and not the mpc live\ one \ x. ...
By kday Fri Feb 17, 2023 2:03 pm
jpeg wrote:what would people be subsribing to exactly?

I hope they wouldn't. But if you want ideas, things that the mobile chip can't handle like neural network based vocal/guitar/bass/drums extraction, mastering. Composing tools, music mashing, stuff that needs a server cluster to run.

AI in music production...

-The easy road to wack shit for lazy, unskilled, untalented hacks.

Greatness only comes from mastering your craft and it can't be rushed.
Greatness demands great sacrifice (no, not referring to 'selling your soul' nonsense)
Being good at something is a far cry from being great at something.

Dare to be great.

Dare to be great Akai,

AI in music production... That would be great if we can use it for loop creation. Because with AI, I can become great when I feel lazy, or not skilled enough to find that perfect sequence or perfect loop I've been looking for months or years now. Days when I feel like an untalented hack, AI could come to my rescue and make my machine earn my company. Then greatness could come from my AI assisted fingers when I push buttons and start mastering which allow me to expedite the process. With AI I can make less sacrifices to allow the machine to sell it's soul, and not mine. I would be good and great, plus have a free AI partner who would do all the heavy leg work for a one time payment, and that'll cover all room and board plus electricity, instead of having to pay people daily or weekly for their labor. So Akai, give us the new AI technology we dream of, but don't think Akai will ever do it. Give us some type of new AI assisted loop generator. Reduce the stress on my MPC buttons from having to beat them upside the head all day only to discover If i threw everything I made in the trash, I wouldn't miss nothing. Give us AI for new loop generation options, like Korg and Yamaha did, since I know you would give it to us for free, I say why not? :popcorn:
By Sir Snaxalot Fri Feb 17, 2023 3:48 pm
No wonder modern music sucks. Stop being lazy and asking for tools to cut corners for you, sometimes you just need to get to the shed and PRACTICE where your weak points are. It benefits everybody, you and those who would potentially enjoy your music. People are allergic to work, I swear.

kday wrote:
jpeg wrote:what would people be subsribing to exactly?

I hope they wouldn't. But if you want ideas, things that the mobile chip can't handle like neural network based vocal/guitar/bass/drums extraction, mastering. Composing tools, music mashing, stuff that needs a server cluster to run.

AI in music production...

-The easy road to wack shit for lazy, unskilled, untalented hacks.

Greatness only comes from mastering your craft and it can't be rushed.
Greatness demands great sacrifice (no, not referring to 'selling your soul' nonsense)
Being good at something is a far cry from being great at something.

Dare to be great.

Dare to be great Akai,

AI in music production... That would be great if we can use it for loop creation. Because with AI, I can become great when I feel lazy, or not skilled enough to find that perfect sequence or perfect loop I've been looking for months or years now. Days when I feel like an untalented hack, AI could come to my rescue and make my machine earn my company. Then greatness could come from my AI assisted fingers when I push buttons and start mastering which allow me to expedite the process. With AI I can make less sacrifices to allow the machine to sell it's soul, and not mine. I would be good and great, plus have a free AI partner who would do all the heavy leg work for a one time payment, and that'll cover all room and board plus electricity, instead of having to pay people daily or weekly for their labor. So Akai, give us the new AI technology we dream of, but don't think Akai will ever do it. Give us some type of new AI assisted loop generator. Reduce the stress on my MPC buttons from having to beat them upside the head all day only to discover If i threw everything I made in the trash, I wouldn't miss nothing. Give us AI for new loop generation options, like Korg and Yamaha did, since I know you would give it to us for free, I say why not? :popcorn:
By Lampdog Fri Feb 17, 2023 4:22 pm
Sir Snaxalot wrote:Stop being lazy and asking for tools to cut corners for you, sometimes you just need to get to the shed and PRACTICE where your weak points are.

This has been my thinking forever. It's FUN to come up with my ways of doing things inside the machine. No "beatlazing" in my lab.
By EnochLight Fri Feb 17, 2023 6:32 pm
Sir Snaxalot wrote:Stop being lazy and asking for tools to cut corners for you, sometimes you just need to get to the shed and PRACTICE where your weak points are. It benefits everybody, you and those who would potentially enjoy your music. People are allergic to work, I swear.

^^ Said every "traditional" musician when the MPC 60 arrived on the scene 35 years ago... :nod: :lol: