MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By jpeg Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:19 am
kja wrote:So with all these, seems the only logical thing to do would be to discontinue ALL current mpc's, bar the keys. If that happens, it seems like we are giving up everything the real live has for more portability and 4gb, the buttons/ form factor? Are you guys ok with that? I don't think I am.. I need atleast two midi outs, plus the extra outs are nice to have for sure.. I guess I would need to buy both the xl and the one mk2.. idk.. maybe thru will slot in between the current models and they won't discontinue them.. that is a ton of mpc's to keep going though. Is fun to speculate.

the mpc one mk2 will take over the features of the live minus the form factor
By kja Sun Feb 12, 2023 11:55 am
jpeg wrote:
kja wrote:So with all these, seems the only logical thing to do would be to discontinue ALL current mpc's, bar the keys. If that happens, it seems like we are giving up everything the real live has for more portability and 4gb, the buttons/ form factor? Are you guys ok with that? I don't think I am.. I need atleast two midi outs, plus the extra outs are nice to have for sure.. I guess I would need to buy both the xl and the one mk2.. idk.. maybe thru will slot in between the current models and they won't discontinue them.. that is a ton of mpc's to keep going though. Is fun to speculate.

the mpc one mk2 will take over the features of the live minus the form factor

They can't fit six outs and four midi ports on the back of a one.. that is not gonna happen.
By kowalski Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:32 pm
kja wrote:They can't fit six outs and four midi ports on the back of a one.. that is not gonna happen.

The image on FCC has the same outputs. Also, seems unlikely battery and speaker will be added, but who knows.

And I hope they call it the MPC One + but I guess they already set precedent with the Live MkII.
By Avasopht Sun Feb 12, 2023 12:49 pm
For a $600+ device, you'd think they would bless us with more than a $5 CPU.
By Fess Sun Feb 12, 2023 1:52 pm
So getting back on the original topic the MPC XL, what do you guys think will be different?
More RAM doesn't matter to me tbh, but besides that I wonder what they want to improve upon?
By jpeg Sun Feb 12, 2023 5:35 pm
regarding the mpc one mk2; does it really need to have 6 outs tho?
cos most people will be bouncing out they wavs, plus am sure the thinking from akia will be that because the mpc is class compliant if u need more output then use a usb mixer connected to the mpc.

but am intrested to see how the mpc live mini turns out with the stripped down os; cos alot of users dont use many of the features of the mpc software, so I cna see this product competing with the sp404 market nicely, maybe they want to tap into that former mpc 500 market.

then regarding the mpc xl am not sure what they can add apart from data sliders or maybe touch strips; so maybe they need more performance controls, but I hope they re- jig the look to be more in alignment with the 3k or mpc60 og.
By jpeg Sun Feb 12, 2023 6:44 pm
robleighton22 wrote:Dream feature would be to add actual 12 bit converters and update the ram. That would set the XL apart from the X, and still keep the X relevant. Not going to happen tho

or better yet use the a/d converters from the 3000
By Fess Sun Feb 12, 2023 7:17 pm
Hopeful:
-Midnight blue color with dark grey sides
-GUI color change and resolution improvements
-Q-links get divided into 8 faders and 8 encoders- tactile options matter.
-16 track (advanced) audio recorder- editable fades on audio files, auto crossfade etc.
-Hardware compressor (opto) on master output
-Flat metal surface touch control replacing plastic click buttons
-MPE pad response

Reality:
None of the above.
By jpeg Mon Feb 13, 2023 9:54 am
hopefully they add some analog filter circuits to the mpc xl; they need something novel to make the mpc xl worth while

also it would goo if they make the os more customiseable like changing the colour scheme als give us the option to uninstall unwanted synths
By jpeg Mon Feb 13, 2023 6:17 pm
NewAkaiUser wrote:They need to add some vocal remover and drum isolation.
This is 2023 not 1980

that would be good if they had some sort of audio stem tech so peeps could make multi tracks out of any sample instantly that was always the holy grail but to be able to do it directly in the akai sampler would be great
By HouseWithoutMouse Mon Feb 13, 2023 7:25 pm
jpeg wrote:what would people be subsribing to exactly?

I hope they wouldn't. But if you want ideas, things that the mobile chip can't handle like neural network based vocal/guitar/bass/drums extraction, mastering. Composing tools, music mashing, stuff that needs a server cluster to run.