MPC X, MPC Live, MPC One & MPC Key 61 Forum: Support and discussion for the MPC X, MPC Live, MPC Live II, MPC One & MPC Key 61; Akai's current generation of standalone MPCs.
By Low3001 Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:21 am
I clicked again..now it was € 9.63.. so I bought it.

I just got an email with links to three download files (2x Install-opx-4-v1.1.0-release.exe and 1x Install-opx-4-v1.1.0-release.pkg).. is this really the way to install it in standalone mode? I'm at work right now, can only check in a few hours.

Edit: I can see the purchase within my Akai account so installation should indeed workout.
Thanks guys for the infos!
Last edited by Low3001 on Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:18 am, edited 1 time in total.
By Snaider Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:26 am
Low3001 wrote:My price would be € 10.10 ... is this really serious?

Now my price would be 3,37 € :hmmm:
I am very happy with my purchase, i recommend to buy before they fix it.
Best discount % i ever had on anything.
By Snaider Fri Mar 17, 2023 7:35 am
Low3001 wrote:I clicked again..now it was € 9.63.. so I bought it.

I just got an email with links to three download files (2x Install-opx-4-v1.1.0-release.exe and 1x Install-opx-4-v1.1.0-release.pkg).. is this really the way to install it in standalone mode? I'm at work right now, can only check in a few hours.

I plugged my phone with usb to mpc one (share internet via usb) and activated it in the mpc's plugin activation page (menu). In minute or two it was ready to use.
By 83dude Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:27 am
Good deal - bought it. I’m really excited to play around with that.
By HyBat Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:32 am
I bought it for 9,63€ but it didn't showed up in my InMusic account.
Tried the whole checkout again, and bought it for 29,-€ again (at 38,63€ still a very good deal) and it showed up.
Installed via the synth manager tool to my Live-II. It activated flawlessly.
New toy \o/ WhoopWhoop :D
By bitermc Fri Mar 17, 2023 9:55 am
I gotta admit I paid 0 attention to this synth and I just bought it because it's cheap.

That said, it sounds way much better than I expected (another DX7 shitty clone is what I expected). Most presets have that FMish metallic sound I dislike, but a few are great to play with. Complex sounds have some reminiscences of the old Korg Wavestation, and the brasses sound a lot like Wendy Carlos.

So, yes, for 7€ it's a steal :mrgreen:
By Lampdog Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:01 pm
Yep. I instantly recognized this beast when I first heard it a while back.
I can see the surprise and smiles on yall faces right now.
:-D :lol:
By TT_Lab Fri Mar 17, 2023 12:48 pm
This is typical AKAI move. Back in June when it was released it was obvious that this was gonna come. So boys and girls, when AKAI launches a new product, specially a software product, don't be victims of your own fomo and hold your horses, eventually this is going to happen.
Happy for y'all that waited.